In order to raise an error with a message in Python programming you can make use of the Exception class.
Let's say you want to raise an error when the provided age is less than 18, and the message you want to print is "Error! Age should be greater than 18!"
age = 15 if age < 18: raise Exception("Error!, age should be greater than 18!")
Traceback (most recent call last): File "./example.py", line 4, in <module> Exception: Error!, age should be greater than 18!
As you can see in the above example: raise is the keyword that you should use to raise an exception.
Let's see another example: If the provided variable type is not str raise an error message.
name = 2k if not type(name) is str: raise TypeError("Error! Name should be a String value!")
Have Questions? Post them here!
- Python: Convert Date to DateTime
- How to sort a List using Lambda in Python
- Python matplotlib segmentation fault: 11 macOS Big Sur
- What is Terminal Velocity and its Formula? How to calculate it programmatically?
- How to install Python 3.11 on Mac
- How to flatten a nested list in Python
- Python: Pandas Merge DataFrames on Index Example
- How to Run all Cells at Once Jupyter Notebook
- Python - Convert float to String
- How to add borders to tkinter label text
- How to Exit a Loop in Python Code
- [Python] Fix: ValueError: All arrays must be of the same length
- Sorting an array using Bubble Sort in Python Programming
- How to Unzip a file using Python
- Python: Merge DataFrames Pandas Outer Join Example
- Change label (text) color in tkinter
- Convert Float to String in Python
- Fix: fatal error: No such file or directory compilation terminated
- Python: Access index/counter of a for loop iteration
- Import Other Python Files Examples
- How to install Anaconda on Mac (M1/M2 Mac)
- Python Regular Expression to Find All Matches in List
- How to Read a binary File with Python
- How to disable warnings while Python file execution
- Know current Python Version
- Error: Failed to validate the signature of the actionable message card - Power Automate Flow - PowerAutomate
- Spring Boot: JDBCTemplate BatchUpdate Update Query Example - Java
- Is Facebook is down? Is it just for me? - Facebook
- Adding Jackson dependency to Java Gradle Project - Gradle
- Set Falling Show on Website for Christmas using Pure CSS Code - CSS
- How to create a Array (not using list) in Python - Python
- Fix: Jupyter Notebook says Not Trusted - Python