If you are working on a file using Nano Editor and want to know how to save a file, follow the below steps and screenshots.
Step 1: Press Control + X to Exit
Step 2: Now if you want to save and exit press Y else N
Save modified buffer? Y/N
Step 3: You can edit the filename to write (optional) and press Enter to Exit
File Name to Write: myfile.txt
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
More Posts related to Linux,
- Rename a directory using Linux/Unix command
- ls command to list only directories
- How to Restart or Reload Nginx Server Service on Linux
- 3 ways to clear screen on Linux Terminal
- ls command: sort files by name alphabetically A-Z or Z-A [Linux/Unix/macOS/Bash]
- Copy entire directory using Terminal Command [Linux, Mac, Bash]
- Fix: sudo: unable to open Read-only file system
- Create Hidden File or Directory using Shell Command
- Command to know the installed Debian version?
- The Date Command and its usage [Linux - Unix - macOS]
- Fix - bash: man: command not found
- How to tar.gz a directory or folder Command
- How to Display content of a file in Terminal Screen?
- How to change bash terminal prompt string and color
- Sort ls command by last modified date and time
- Execute .bin and .run file Ubuntu Linux
- zsh hello world example
- How to check uptime of Linux/Unix/macOS system/server using console command?
- [Fix] Linux - bash: useradd: command not found
- Command to check Last Login or Reboot History of Users and TTYs
- How to install and Configure sar sysstat tools in Ubuntu Linux
- How to use SCP Command to Copy Directory
- Linux Remove or Delete Files and Directories using Terminal Commands
- How to connect to SSH port other than default 22
- Install OpenSSL on Linux/Ubuntu
- [Fixed] Git Clone firstname.lastname@example.org: Permission denied (publickey) Could not read from remote repository Fatal error - Git
- Syntax error, parameterized types are only available if source level is 1.5 or greater [Java] - Eclipse
- How to open a new tab in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Convert GMT/UTC timezone in Excel to EST, CST, MST, PST, AST and HST - Microsoft
- [Solution] macOS could not be installed on your computer OSInstall.mpkg appears to be missing or damaged - MacOS
- Merge multiple zip files without unzipping (extracting) - HowTos
- Only Chessboard using HTML and CSS Code Example - CSS
- How to switch to Powershell on Mac Terminal - Powershell