In order to convert tabs with spaces in Notepad++, go to Menu: Edit -> Blank Operations and select TAB to Spaces
If you want to convert each tab in the file with single spaces, you can make use of the Find and Replace option with Search Mode Extended as follows,
- Open File in Notepad++
- Press Control + F to Open Find and move to Replace Tab,
- Make sure to select Search Mode as Extended,
- Add, Find What: \t
- Add, Replace With: (a single space, or multiple if you want it that way!)
- Click on Replac All
If you want to replace TAB by space (4 spaces or more) as default permanent behavior, then you can do the changes in Preferences as follows,
- Go to Menu: Settings,
- Now select Preferences...,
- Select the Language tab,
- Now under tab settings check the Replace by space checkbox.
- Notepad++ hex editor Examples
- Are Windows Notepad files recoverable?
- How to add or remove bookmark on a line in Notepad++
- How to rename a tab in Notepad++
- Go to Line Number option in Windows Notepad
- How to Apply Themes to Notepad++
- Notepad++ Save Failed - Please check if this file is opened in another program.
- Encode/Decode URL Query String in Notepad++
- Remove duplicate lines using Notepad++
- Add comma or semicolon at end of each line Notepad++
- How to open Notepad?
- Where are Notepad++ macros stored?
- How to check about details of Notepad++ text editor
- Notepad++ Export file as HTML
- Indent/Prettify HTML File in Notepad++
- Notepad++ Reload - This file has been modified by another program. Do you want to reload it?
- List of Programming Languages Supported by Notepad++
- Notepad++ Editor alternatives for Mac OS X
- Add Custom header and footer to Windows Notepad file
- How to un-hide tab bar in notepad++
- Notepad++ is about to exit prompt message
- Launch Notepad++ html document in any web browser
- Word wrap text in Notepad++
- Disable Control Scroll Zoom-in and Zoom-out in Notepad++
- Word count in Notepad++
- How to come out of dquote prompt in Terminal - macOS/Linux - MacOS
- What is CA FE BA BE 00 00 00 3D in Java Class Bytecode - Java
- Android : How to make TextView Scrollable - Android
- zsh: command not found [fix] macOS - zsh
- 403 forbidden error for Image - PHP
- Python f-strings Formatted String Literals Syntax and Examples - Python
- Encode or Decode Base64 String using Mac Terminal Command - MacOS
- How to disable Siri on Mac Monterey - MacOS