If you have got a new Mac (Macbook) device or updated to macOS Sonoma 14 and wondering which version of Python is shipped with it, you can simply run the python3 version command.
% python3 --version Python 3.9.6
As you can see, Python 3.9.6 is the version with macOS Sonona.
Note: If you are on the Beta version of Sonoma, you will see that the above command may see a warning "xcode-select: note: No developer tools were found, requesting install." So you may need to download Command Line Tools first.
% python --version zsh: command not found: python
Note: Unlike previous versions of macOS, Python 2.x version is not pre-installed on Sonoma.
This is not an AI-generated article but is demonstrated by a human on an M1 Mac running macOS Sonoma 14.0.
Please support independent contributors like Code2care by donating a coffee.
Buy me a coffee!
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- How to convert int to ASCII in Python
- How to make use of SQLite Module in Python?
- Split a String into Sub-string and Parse in Python
- Python: Pandas Rename Columns with List Example
- How to run Python file from Mac Terminal
- How to Exit a Loop in Python Code
- Python: How to Plot a Histogram using Matplotlib and data as list
- MD5 Hashing in Python
- Jupyter: Safari Cant Connect to the Server localhost:8888/tree
- Fix: AttributeError: str object has no attribute decode. Did you mean: encode?[Python]
- How to Read a binary File with Python
- How to add two float numbers in Python
- Python: How to install YAML Package
- Python: How to Save Image from URL
- What is Markdown in Jupyter Notebook with Examples
- How to change the Python Default version
- 33: Python Program to send an email vid GMail
- How to comment code in Python
- How to Fix AttributeError in Python
- Fix: error: Jupyter command `jupyter-nbconvert` not found [VSCode]
- How to comment out a block of code in Python
- List of All 35 Reserved Keywords in Python Programming Language 3.11
- Import Other Python Files Examples
- Python: How to add Progress Bar in Console with Examples
- 3 Ways to convert bytes to String in Python
- How to hide or cancel Toast message in Android Programming - Android
- Java JDK 21 - JEP 440 - Record Patterns - Java-JDK-21
- Get the current timestamp in Java - Java
- Export aborted because fatal lint error were found - Android
- Synchronous XMLHttpRequest on the main thread is deprecated because of its detrimental effects to the end users experience - Java
- Locate MainActivity Java or Kotlin file in Android Studio - Android-Studio
- How to Make Your Own Cross Platform Custom Notepad Application [Windows/Mac/Linux] - Python
- [Fix] java: incompatible types: java.lang.String cannot be converted to int - Java