If you with to turn Dark Mode on/off on your Mac using macOS Terminal command you can do that using dark-mode package.
- Make sure you have brew installed - if not follow the tutorial to install it - link
- Install package dark-mode using command: brew install dark-mode
% brew install dark-mode Running `brew update --preinstall`... ==> Auto-updated Homebrew! Updated Homebrew from 51da118a9 to 374adf7f1. Updated 2 taps (homebrew/core and homebrew/cask). Pouring dark-mode--3.0.2.arm64_monterey.bottle.tar.gz 🍺 /opt/homebrew/Cellar/dark-mode/3.0.2: 5 files, 93KB ==> `brew cleanup` has not been run in the last 30 days, running now...
- To turn on Dark Mode type: dark-mode on in Terminal
- To turn off Dark Mode type: dark-mode off in Terminal
Note: When the first time you run the command using the dark-mode package you will be asked to provide access to System Events.
“Terminal“ wants access to control “System Events“. Allowing control will provide access to documents and data in “System Events“, and to perform actions within that app.
% dark-mode --help Usage $ dark-mode [command] Commands <none> Toggle dark mode on Enable dark mode off Disable dark mode status Dark mode status Created by Sindre Sorhus
Have Questions? Post them here!
- Add Line Break in Microsoft Excel Cell on Mac (macOS)
- How to view the desktop when using macOS Stage Manager?
- Mac - How to Install VirtualBox
- Must Know Homebrew Commands for Mac/Linux Users
- Show Desktop Keyboard Shortcut on Mac
- Check Reboot History Mac
- How to set Out Of Office (OOO) on Outlook for Mac
- How to Screenshot on Mac Ventura 13 - Step by Step Guide
- How to install maven in macOS using Terminal Command
- How to change macOS Safari default language
- How to hide or display Wifi icon in macOS Bug Sur Menu Bar
- Permanently Set or Change $JAVA_HOME on Mac (macOS)
- Two Ways to Extract rar (*.rar) files on Mac
- How to change Ping TTL value on macOS
- How to upgrade Docker Desktop on Mac
- [fix] macOS Ventura xcrun: error: invalid active developer path missing xcrun at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun
- Installing brew on M1/M2 ARM Mac
- How to increase macOS Terminal text font size (Big Sur)
- How to open new tab in Sublime Text Editor [macOS]
- macOS: Change Weather App Temperature unit from Fahrenheit to Degree
- Clear SFTP Prompt Screen on macOS Terminal
- How to install homebrew (brew) on M1 Mac
- [Fix] brew: command not found Mac or Linux Terminal Error
- How to download and install macOS 13 Ventura
- How to install Zoom Add-in to Outlook (Mac)
- Git Revision Questions Before the Interview - Git
- How to retrieve all SharePoint Online List Items using Rest API - SharePoint
- Java JDBC Transition Management using PreparedStatement Examples - Java
- [Solution] macOS could not be installed on your computer OSInstall.mpkg appears to be missing or damaged - MacOS
- Command to know the Available Memory on Linux System - Linux
- Okta Hacked - Source Code Stolen from GitHub Repo - News
- How to access SharePoint on Office 365 using a Web Browser - SharePoint
- How to Join Microsoft Teams Meeting Without an Account - Teams