If you with to turn Dark Mode on/off on your Mac using macOS Terminal command you can do that using dark-mode package.
- Make sure you have brew installed - if not follow the tutorial to install it - link
- Install package dark-mode using command: brew install dark-mode
% brew install dark-mode Running `brew update --preinstall`... ==> Auto-updated Homebrew! Updated Homebrew from 51da118a9 to 374adf7f1. Updated 2 taps (homebrew/core and homebrew/cask). Pouring dark-mode--3.0.2.arm64_monterey.bottle.tar.gz 🍺 /opt/homebrew/Cellar/dark-mode/3.0.2: 5 files, 93KB ==> `brew cleanup` has not been run in the last 30 days, running now...
- To turn on Dark Mode type: dark-mode on in Terminal
- To turn off Dark Mode type: dark-mode off in Terminal
Note: When the first time you run the command using the dark-mode package you will be asked to provide access to System Events.
“Terminal“ wants access to control “System Events“. Allowing control will provide access to documents and data in “System Events“, and to perform actions within that app.
% dark-mode --help Usage $ dark-mode [command] Commands <none> Toggle dark mode on Enable dark mode off Disable dark mode status Dark mode status Created by Sindre Sorhus
Have Questions? Post them here!
- How to find path of file on Mac Terminal
- How to disable Siri on Mac Monterey
- [fix] macOS Ventura xcrun: error: invalid active developer path missing xcrun at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun
- Select Line Number TextEdit on Mac
- Go to Specific file path using Mac Finder
- How to find Java HOME in Mac Terminal
- bash: command not found error [macOS Terminal Linux, Unix or Windows]
- Must Know Homebrew Commands for Mac/Linux Users
- How to Insert an Inverted Question Mark on Mac ¿
- Hide Keyboard Text Input Icon on macOS Ventura Menu Bar
- How to make macOS Terminal window Transparent (or Opaque)
- How to check of Updates on Microsoft Edge Browser on Mac (macOS)
- Limit scrollback rows in macOS Terminal
- How to identify installed Java (JDK) Version on macOS
- Keyboard Shortcut to delete a file on a Mac [Macbook]
- Open Docker from Terminal Command on Mac
- Installing MongoDB on Linux/Unix/macOS/Ubuntu
- How to take a screenshot on a Mac - updated for Ventura 13 [updated 2023]
- ls: .: Operation not permitted - Mac Terminal ZSH Error
- How to remove username from Mac Menu Bar?
- macOS Ventura XCode Command Line Tools Installation
- Where is .zshrc file located in macOS
- How to Show Path of Files or App in Mac Spotlight Search
- How to enable root user on Mac Terminal
- Install Java 17 (LTS) JDK on ARM based M1/M2 Mac Natively
- How to wrap column text in SharePoint Online Modern List Grid View using JSON formatting - SharePoint
- How to remove/delete a directory in Linux/macOs - Linux
- How to backup a file in Linux/Unix - Linux
- [Docker] Install Python3 on Alpine Linux - Docker
- Connect Azure AD (Active Directory) for PowerShell - Powershell
- 19: Simple Calculator using built-in functions - 1000+ Python Programs - Python-Programs
- [Microsoft Teams 4c7] Modern authentication failed here, but you'll still be able to sign in. Your status code is 4c7 error - Microsoft
- How to Restart Mac using Terminal Command - MacOS