If you with to turn Dark Mode on/off on your Mac using macOS Terminal command you can do that using dark-mode package.
- Make sure you have brew installed - if not follow the tutorial to install it - link
- Install package dark-mode using command: brew install dark-mode
% brew install dark-mode Running `brew update --preinstall`... ==> Auto-updated Homebrew! Updated Homebrew from 51da118a9 to 374adf7f1. Updated 2 taps (homebrew/core and homebrew/cask). Pouring dark-mode--3.0.2.arm64_monterey.bottle.tar.gz 🍺 /opt/homebrew/Cellar/dark-mode/3.0.2: 5 files, 93KB ==> `brew cleanup` has not been run in the last 30 days, running now...
- To turn on Dark Mode type: dark-mode on in Terminal
- To turn off Dark Mode type: dark-mode off in Terminal
Note: When the first time you run the command using the dark-mode package you will be asked to provide access to System Events.
“Terminal“ wants access to control “System Events“. Allowing control will provide access to documents and data in “System Events“, and to perform actions within that app.
% dark-mode --help Usage $ dark-mode [command] Commands
Toggle dark mode on Enable dark mode off Disable dark mode status Dark mode status Created by Sindre Sorhus
More Posts related to MacOS,
- How to find files taking up space on your Mac
- How to open new tabs macOS Terminal
- Encode or Decode Base64 String using Mac Terminal Command
- How to take a screenshot on a Mac? (updated for macOS Monterey 2022)
- [macOS] NetBeans IDE cannot be installed. Java (JRE) found on your computer but JDK XX or newer is required.
- How to know your Mac Screen Resolution?
- How to make macOS Terminal window Transparent (or Opaque)
- [macOS] Change homepage Macbook Safari Browser
- Cut, Copy and Paste keyboard commands on mac
- Shutdown Mac Terminal Command
- Zsh Shell: Custom alias that you may find useful
- How to uninstall GarageBand from Mac
- How to Refresh Mac Desktop
- How to fix command not found brew (bash, zsh) on macOS Terminal
- How to Right Click on Mac Desktop?
- How to remove app from Dock when closed [macOS Big Sur]
- How to display directory tree in Mac Terminal
- [Eclipse] Locate Preferences in macOS
- How to save webpage as pdf using macOS Safari
- Set Python 3.8 as a default python version on macOS
- 10 Beginners Commands for macOS Terminal Usage
- Display Seconds in Digital Clock on Mac Menu Bar [macOS]
- [Solution] macOS Big Sur Installation: There is not enough free space, Additional Space Required
- How to search (find) in macOS Terminal Console Text
- How to come out of dquote prompt in Terminal - macOS/Linux
- [Error] zsh: command not found: mvn - HowTos
- All directional arrows codes for HTML - Html
- How to save webpage as pdf using macOS Safari - MacOS
- Android: programmatically turn Bluetooth on or off using Java code - Android
- Create HTML button that looks like a href hyperlink - Html
- Fix SharePoint Error - The Managed Metadata Service or Connection is currently not available. The Application Pool or Managed Metadata Web Service may not have been started - SharePoint
- [Error] Microsoft Teams: We're sorry—we've run into an issue. - Microsoft
- Outlook - The mailbox isn't available. This may have occurred because the license for the mailbox has expired. - Microsoft