Homebrew now provides native support for MacBooks with M1 Silicon, installing brew on macOS Big Sur is simple, just open terminal and run the below command,
/bin/bash -c "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/HEAD/install.sh)"
You will be prompted to enter password when you run the command and all required tools and packages will be installed.
code2care@mac / % /bin/bash -c "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/HEAD/install.sh)" Password: ==> This script will install: /opt/homebrew/bin/brew /opt/homebrew/share/doc/homebrew /opt/homebrew/share/man/man1/brew.1 /opt/homebrew/share/zsh/site-functions/_brew /opt/homebrew/etc/bash_completion.d/brew /opt/homebrew ==> The following new directories will be created: /opt/homebrew/bin /opt/homebrew/etc /opt/homebrew/include /opt/homebrew/lib /opt/homebrew/sbin /opt/homebrew/share /opt/homebrew/var /opt/homebrew/opt /opt/homebrew/share/zsh /opt/homebrew/share/zsh/site-functions /opt/homebrew/var/homebrew /opt/homebrew/var/homebrew/linked /opt/homebrew/Cellar /opt/homebrew/Caskroom /opt/homebrew/Frameworks ==> The Xcode Command Line Tools will be installed. Press RETURN to continue or any other key to abort * [new tag] 3.0.0 -> 3.0.0 HEAD is now at 3bcd919a7 Merge pull request #10578 from MikeMcQuaid/formula_bottle_hash ==> Tapping homebrew/core remote: Enumerating objects: 39, done. remote: Counting objects: 100% (39/39), done. remote: Compressing objects: 100% (26/26), done. remote: Total 906603 (delta 21), reused 26 (delta 13), pack-reused 906564 Receiving objects: 100% (906603/906603), 360.00 MiB | 916.00 KiB/s, done. Resolving deltas: 100% (617458/617458), done. From https://github.com/Homebrew/homebrew-core * [new branch] master -> origin/master HEAD is now at f1b2a2e9b3 ffmpeg: update 4.3.1_9 bottle. Warning: /opt/homebrew/bin is not in your PATH. ==> Installation successful! ==> Homebrew has enabled anonymous aggregate formulae and cask analytics. Read the analytics documentation (and how to opt-out) here: https://docs.brew.sh/Analytics No analytics data has been sent yet (or will be during this `install` run). ==> Homebrew is run entirely by unpaid volunteers. Please consider donating: https://github.com/Homebrew/brew#donations ==> Next steps: - Add Homebrew to your PATH in /Users/code2care/.zprofile: echo 'eval $(/opt/homebrew/bin/brew shellenv)' >> /Users/code2care/.zprofile eval $(/opt/homebrew/bin/brew shellenv) - Run `brew help` to get started - Further documentation: https://docs.brew.sh
Make sure you add the brew installation dir to PATH: Follow this article to do so: https://code2care.org/howto/fix-command-not-found-brew-bash-zsh-on-macos-terminal
- How to load zsh profile on opening shell terminal
- Set Python 3.8 as a default python version on macOS
- Show CPU and Memory Usage on macOS Menu Bar
- How to save macOS Terminal outputs as text file
- How to install wget on macOS
- Display ls command file sizes in KB (kilobytes) MB (megabytes) or GB (gigabytes) [Linux/macOS]
- How to Change Mouse Wheel Scroll Direction on Mac
- macOS R installation steps
- How to open terminal on Mac to run commands
- How to know your Mac Screen Resolution?
- Safari - Get HTTP Request Response Headers
- Opening mac Terminal
- bash: command not found error [macOS Terminal Linux, Unix or Windows]
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari
- How to check RAM details on Mac?
- How to install Java on macOS [Big Sur]
- How to Display Analog Clock on Mac Menu Bar
- How to remove app from Dock when closed [macOS Big Sur]
- How to add to PATH in macOS Big Sur
- Keyboard Shortcut to delete a file on a Mac [Macbook]
- How to increase macOS Terminal text font size (Big Sur)
- Permanently set $PATH variable in Mac Zsh shell
- Delete a Directory using Mac Terminal Command
- Remove Now Playing icon from macOS Big Sur Menu Bar
- How to find files taking up space on your Mac