By default on Xcode 15 the extensions of the files are hidden, It can be sometimes confusing if you are unaware of them by looking at it as a developer.
If you want them to be visible, you can do that by following the below steps.
- Open Xcode.
- Go to Menu: Xcode -> Settings...
- Now under the General tab you will see File Extension:
- From this dropdown select Show All instead of Hide All
- You can also choose from Show Listed to display extensions only for specific files such as - c, cc, cpp, h, hpp, m, mm, gif, icns, jpeg, jpg, png, tiff, swift
- Close Settings window.
This is not an AI-generated article but is demonstrated by a human on Xcode 15 and M1 Mac running macOS Sonoma 14.0.
Please support independent contributors like Code2care by donating a coffee.
Buy me a coffee!
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- Clear Screen shortcut macOS Terminal
- What is macOS Ventura?
- [fix] How to Show file extensions on all files on Mac
- How to Find Where Mac Terminal App is Located?
- AutoSave button not working on Office on Mac (Word, Excel or Powerpoint)
- macOS say command text to speech using various voices and languages
- How to change Ping TTL value on macOS
- Open .bash_profile File in TextEdit using Terminal
- How to know the Safari Version on Mac
- How to Copy full Absolute Path of a File on Mac
- 13.0 MacOS Ventura release date
- Enable spell check in Sublime Text (macOS)
- How to Display Analog Clock on Mac Menu Bar
- How to turn off Location Services macOS Ventura 13
- How to Open VS Code on Mac
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari
- How to Fix cd: too many arguments Error in Terminal: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How to install wget on macOS
- Select Line Number TextEdit on Mac
- Strikethrough Text in Excel for Mac
- How to Enable or Disable Dark Mode on macOS Ventura 13
- How to hide or display Wifi icon in macOS Bug Sur Menu Bar
- How to install Yarn on Mac (macOS)
- How to fix command not found brew (bash, zsh) on macOS Terminal
- How to Schedule Mails in macOS Ventura
- [fix] RabbitMQ: AuthenticationFailureException ACCESS_REFUSED Login refused authentication mechanism PLAIN - 2022
- 26: How to set Environment Variables using Python - Python
- Program 10: Modulo of Two Numbers - 1000+ Python Programs - Python-Programs
- Java: Create Temporary Directory and File and Delete when application terminates - Java
- Create RabbitMQ Exchange using Java Spring Boot Example - Java
- MySQL : Error :1000 SQLSTATE: HY000 (ER_HASHCHK) Message: hashchk Server Error - MySQL
- How to reset an Apple Watch without an iPhone - Apple