Some earlier SharePoint features or tools have been deprecated from the latest 2016 version. They are gone for now, but we can always expect them to be back in a different or alternate form.
These features are included in the preview for compatibility with previous versions.
Stsadm.exe - The Stsadm command-line tool has been deprecated and users are recommended to use Windows PowerShell for performing administrative command-line tasks. Stsadm is still included to support compatibility with previous product versions.
SharePoint Foundation - The "free" foundation edition of SharePoint will not be available with SharePoint 2016 which has most of the basic functionality and architecture capabilities of commercial editions of SharePoint. Forefront Identity Manager client (FIM) - SharePoint 2016 does not use ForeFront Identity Manager client (FIM) to synchronize between the SharePoint and Active Directory. The default process now is Active Directory Import and synchronization tools like Microsoft Identity Manager 2016 or any third-party tool can also be used for this.
InfoPath - The new version of InfoPath will not be released. The previous version of InfoPath 2013 will be available and supported. InfoPath Forms Services will be included in this version.
Standalone Install Mode - SharePoint 2016 will not support the standalone installation option and is not present with the setup. Use the new MinRole option during installation and choose one of the available install options. It provides an out-of-the-box experience that provides topology recommendations, simplifies on-premises server farm deployments, and reduces the unit of scale to simplify capacity planning while providing predictable performance characteristics through enabling selective provisioning of SharePoint server roles based on position and function within a topology.
Excel Services - Excel Services capabilities are not available in SharePoint 2016. Excel Services functionality is now part of Excel Online in Office Online Server Preview, and SharePoint users can use the services from there. Trusted data providers, file locations, data connection libraries, Unattended service account are some of the removed features.
SharePoint Designer - A new version of SharePoint Designer will not be released with SharePoint 2016. The older version SharePoint Designer 2013 will be there and support. Tags and Notes - The Tags and Notes feature is deprecated in SharePoint Server 2016 and users cannot create new tags and notes or access existing ones. The SharePoint Administrator can archive all existing tags and notes by using the Export-SPTagsAndNotesData cmdlet.
Business Intelligence - SharePoint 2016 requires updated versions that will be released later this year. The SQL Server 2014 Power Pivot and Power View add-ins for SharePoint 2013 cannot be deployed or used in SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview. Business Intelligence features like Power Pivot Gallery, Scheduled Data Refresh, Power View reports, Power Pivot Management Dashboard will not be available until the next release.
New features and enhancements in SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview - http://code2care.org/2015/sharepoint-server-2016-it-preview---new-improved-features-and-enhancements
- [Solved] SharePoint Access Denied error editing Document Name
- See actual SharePoint error exception modify web.config
- SharePoint 2010 DataForm Unable to display this Web Part System.StackOverflowException
- SharePoint List redirect user after submitting form NewForm.aspx
- How to retrieve all SharePoint Online List Items using Rest API
- SharePoint workflow Canceled - Coercion Failed: Unable to transform the input lookup data into the requested type
- SharePoint error cannot connect to the configuration database
- Not receiving email notification alert in SharePoint Online workflow - Power Automate, FLOW
- How to create SharePoint List Item programmatically
- SharePoint CAML query error - The XML source is not correct
- Sharepoint Server 2016 installation Prerequisites with download links
- Sharepoint errors were found when compiling the workflow
- Send Email with attachment using SharePoint PowerShell, SMTP server
- Sign in as different user missing in SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint List excel import - This table exceeds the maximum number of supported rows
- SharePoint Managed Metadata Hidden Taxonomy List - TaxonomyHiddenList
- Changed AD user display name showing old name in SharePoint
- How to migrate SharePoint Designer 2010 workflow to Power Automate FLOW (Microsoft Office 365)
- SharePoint Server 2016 error Microsoft Office Online Server 2016 cant be installed on the same machine as a Microsoft SharePoint Server product
- Fix SharePoint 2019 installation error This product requires Visual C++ Redistributable Package for Visual Studio 2017
- Deploy SharePoint wsp solution package using PowerShell
- How to delete SharePoint List Item programmatically
- New-SPLogFile PowerShell - create new SharePoint log file
- SharePoint An unexpected error has occurred - Correlation ID and Merge-SPlogfile
- Change SharePoint search results FullTextSqlQuery RowLimit 10000
- SharePoint 2010 August 2015 Update KB3055049 - Duplicate Document ID issue bug fixed
- Bypass domain name for IIS site (SharePoint)
- SharePoint error - Your organization doesn't allow sharing with users from this domain. Please contact your IT department for help.
- 'Edit Document' Requires a Windows Sharepoint Services-compatible application and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- SharePoint list excel import error - Title is a required filed and can't be empty
- SharePoint error - An exception occurred when trying to issue security token: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms..
- Cannot load PowerApps form in SharePoint Online due to repeated authentication
- How to hide quick launch in SharePoint
- How to exclude results from SharePoint Search
- SharePoint Designer Workflow error - Coercion Failed: Input cannot be null for this coercion
- Get-ADUser PowerShell - Get AD user details using email address
- PowerShell iterate and get all SharePoint sites and sub sites
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview Deprecated Removed features
- SharePoint excel error - A problem occurred while connecting to the server. If the problem continues, contact your administrator.
- Merge-SPlogfile PowerShell - SharePoint Correlation ID error
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview - new improved Features and Enhancements
- Recover SharePoint if the SQL Server IP changes
- SharePoint PowerShell Merge-SPLogFile filter by time using StartTime EndTime
- SharePoint formula - Calculated columns cannot contain volatile functions like Today and Me
- [Solved] SharePoint System.IO.FileNotFoundException was unhandled
- Struts2 : java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.commons.fileupload.RequestContext - Java
- Upload Pdf file using PHP Script - PHP
- How to Gzip a file directory on Mac OS X using Terminal Command - Mac-OS-X
- Get-ADUser PowerShell - Get AD user details using email address - SharePoint
- How to Import External Jars to Android Studio 1.0.1 Project - Android-Studio
- How to destroy PHP session() - PHP
- Add Blank Lines Between Each Lines in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Take Screenshot on Mac OS X (Keyboard Shortcuts) - Mac-OS-X
- How to remove blank lines from a file using Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Calculate Area of ellipse - C-Program
- SharePoint 2010 DataForm Unable to display this Web Part System.StackOverflowException - SharePoint
- SwissCovid App Launched in Switzerland - News
- ASCII to HEX and HEX to ASCII Conversion Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Android : Duplicate registration for activity com.example.abc - Android
- Android Emulator Soft Back button action using Computer keyboard - Android