⚠️ "Internal Server Error"
⚠️ "500 Error"
⚠️ "Server is currently unable to handle this request. HTTP ERROR 500."
⚠️ "500 – Internal Server Error"
⚠️ "500 Internal Server Error. Sorry something went wrong."
⚠️ "The website cannot display the page – HTTP 500."
⚠️ "HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error."
⚠️ "500. That's an error.There was an error. Please try again later. That's all we know."
Above you see all the varient of a 500 server error, the most common HTTP error code after 404 (Page Not Found) that someone encounters while trying access websites - be it banking, high school, college, Wordpress blog, redddit or even at times while browsing videos on Youtube or doing a Google Search.
What is "500 Internal Server Error"?
500 code implies that the HTTP (HyperText Transfer Protocol) server has encountered an unexpected issue that has caused it to fail to cater to your request.
It is a generic HTTP error message, the server sends this message code when an unexpected condition has been encountered and no more specific message is suitable, i.e. there can be many reasons that can cause this error 5XX, but the server was unable to identify what the specific issue was and has thrown a generic error 500.
This is a "server-side" error and as a end user you cannot do anything apart from reading to the admin or support.
What are specific 5XX Errors
- Server Error 501: Not Implemented
- Server Error 502: Bad Gateway
- Server Error 503: Service Unavailable
- Server Error 504: Gateway Timeout
- Server Error 505: HTTP Version Not Supported
- Server Error 506: Variant Also Negotiates (RFC 2295)
- Server Error 507: Insufficient Storage (WebDAV; RFC 4918)
- Server Error 508: Loop Detected (WebDAV; RFC 5842)
- Server Error 510: Not Extended (RFC 2774)
- Server Error 511: Network Authentication Required (RFC 6585)
What could be the reason of 500 Internal Server Error?
As we discussed 500 error response is a generic "catch-all" response. In order to know what the root cause of the issue was, the server admin would need to investigate the logs and get more specific details. It could be one of the below,
- Sever being overloaded with requests.
- Server out of memory.
- Server under maintenance.
- Background task activation is spurious error - Windows 10, Office 2016, Office 365
- How to Generate Self-Signed OpenSSL certificate in three easy steps
- How to Kill service running on port using terminal command
- How to press shortcut CTRL + ALT + DEL on Windows Remote Desktop
- Top 10 emerging breakthrough trending technologies
- Free Unlimited Calls from MTNL & BSNL Landlines from 1st May 2015
- Setting up RSS feeds notifications within Outlook
- Static IP MTNL available at Rs. 200 per month
- CentOS Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo base7x86_64 yum
- How to write hello world different languages syntax
- BSNL Broadband upgrades speed to minimum 2MBps for all users 512Kbps 1Mbps
- [IRCTC] Indian railways official eRail API 1.1 for developers to get train info
- How to submit website to dmoz directory
- Gmail Unable to upload because it is a folder or a package (like an application bundle or RTFD document)
- How to use HashTags # correctly on Social Media Facebook Twitter
- Copy all .vcf Mobile Contacts files into one .vcf
- How to Change or Set a new Password for your Wi-Fi Router
- Installation error: INSTALL_PARSE_FAILED_MANIFEST_MALFORMED - Android
- Create assets folder in Android Studio - Android-Studio
- Make Android TextView Clickable like Buttons - Android
- Add imports in eclipse shortcut key combinations - Eclipse
- SharePoint error cannot connect to the configuration database - SharePoint
- How to hide quick launch in SharePoint - SharePoint
- MySQL #6 - Error on delete of './my-database/db.opt' (Errcode: 13 - Permission denied) - MySQL
- 11 Weeks of Android Online Sessions-15-Jun-to-28-Aug-2020 - Android
- PHP header location function not called - PHP
- Compare two files in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- AlertDialog with no buttons (just text message) - Android
- How to Save Eclipse console logs in external log file - Eclipse
- How to Enable spellcheck Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Center align text in TextView Android Programming - Android
- ADT Installation Error: requires plug-in org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui - Android