⚠️ "Internal Server Error"
⚠️ "500 Error"
⚠️ "Server is currently unable to handle this request. HTTP ERROR 500."
⚠️ "500 – Internal Server Error"
⚠️ "500 Internal Server Error. Sorry something went wrong."
⚠️ "The website cannot display the page – HTTP 500."
⚠️ "HTTP/1.1 500 Internal Server Error."
⚠️ "500. That's an error.There was an error. Please try again later. That's all we know."
Above you see all the varient of a 500 server error, the most common HTTP error code after 404 (Page Not Found) that someone encounters while trying access websites - be it banking, high school, college, Wordpress blog, redddit or even at times while browsing videos on Youtube or doing a Google Search.
What is "500 Internal Server Error"?
500 code implies that the HTTP (HyperText Transfer Protocol) server has encountered an unexpected issue that has caused it to fail to cater to your request.
It is a generic HTTP error message, the server sends this message code when an unexpected condition has been encountered and no more specific message is suitable, i.e. there can be many reasons that can cause this error 5XX, but the server was unable to identify what the specific issue was and has thrown a generic error 500.
This is a "server-side" error and as a end user you cannot do anything apart from reading to the admin or support.
What are specific 5XX Errors
- Server Error 501: Not Implemented
- Server Error 502: Bad Gateway
- Server Error 503: Service Unavailable
- Server Error 504: Gateway Timeout
- Server Error 505: HTTP Version Not Supported
- Server Error 506: Variant Also Negotiates (RFC 2295)
- Server Error 507: Insufficient Storage (WebDAV; RFC 4918)
- Server Error 508: Loop Detected (WebDAV; RFC 5842)
- Server Error 510: Not Extended (RFC 2774)
- Server Error 511: Network Authentication Required (RFC 6585)
What could be the reason of 500 Internal Server Error?
As we discussed 500 error response is a generic "catch-all" response. In order to know what the root cause of the issue was, the server admin would need to investigate the logs and get more specific details. It could be one of the below,
- Sever being overloaded with requests.
- Server out of memory.
- Server under maintenance.
- Setting up RSS feeds notifications within Outlook
- What is HTTP 500 Internal Server Error Code on web browsers
- Background task activation is spurious error - Windows 10, Office 2016, Office 365
- How to change font, apply bold or italic styles, font size in Windows Notepad
- How to Generate Self-Signed OpenSSL certificate in three easy steps
- How to use HashTags # correctly on Social Media Facebook Twitter
- How to find lost AirPods?
- cURL HTTP GET request command examples
- How to press shortcut CTRL + ALT + DEL on Windows Remote Desktop
- How to get weather details in Command Prompt, macOS or Linux Terminal
- Hide files and folders on Mac OS X - Mac-OS-X
- Android : Execute some code after back button is pressed - Android
- Bootstrap Nav Menu Dropdown on hover - Bootstrap
- Changing Android Intent Tittle using java code - Android
- Share Image and Text on Instagram from Android App using Share Dialog - Android
- Error 404 Tomcat homepage http://localhost:8080/ not displayed - Tomcat
- Hyperlink in html (anchor tag) without a underline - Html
- Change Max and Min Value of Android Seekbar Programmatically - Android
- Channel 50 SMSes received every few minutes Android Phones - Android
- [Solved] SharePoint Search Internal server error exception - SharePoint
- Adding Sub Headings to Bootstrap Header tags - Html
- How to insert image into Google Sheets cell - Google
- [IRCTC] Indian railways official eRail API 1.1 for developers to get train info - HowTos
- Add Text at Start and End of Each Line Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Android AlertDialog Programatically Example - Android