C:\Users> clear 'clear' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file. C:\Users> clear screen 'clear' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.
You defiantly got the above error while trying to clear the screen on a Command Prompt on your Window 8/10 operating system? didn't you? Well! I guess you are very much used to using Terminal command on macOS or Linux so you used the command clear on Windows you need to use cls i.e. a command to clear the screen.Example:
To know more about the command type: help clsExample:
C:\Users> help cls Clears the screen. CLS
Have Questions? Post them here!
More Posts related to DOS,
- Get cURL command from Chrome Inspect Network HTTP URL - cURL
- List all installed packages (Formulae) in Homebrew on Mac - MacOS
- How to Rename a file using Mac Terminal - MacOS
- [fix] AWS S3 make_bucket failed: An error occurred (InvalidBucketName) when calling the CreateBucket operation. - S3
- [Fix] Access Denied - GoDaddy Website Firewall - IP Blocked - HowTos
- ls command: sort files by name alphabetically A-Z or Z-A [Linux/Unix/macOS/Bash] - Linux
- How To Disable Landscape Mode in Android Application - Android
- Program 12: Calculate Area and Circumference of Circle - 1000+ Python Programs - Python-Programs