There are multiple ways you can enable or disable line numbers on your IntelliJ IDE regardless of what programming language IDE you are using (Android Studio, Java, or PyCharm for Python),
Let's see some examples to enable line numbers,
1. Using right click at gutter area:
- Move your cursor to the gutter area (left side of any file),
- Right click and select: Show line Numbers,
- The line numbers should be visible.
Note that the above solution is a temporary solution when you restart your IDE it will be gone.
2. Using Search Everywhere Option
- Press Shift Key Twice,
- Type: Show line Numbers,
- Turn ON the option.
3. Using System Preferences,
- Go to IDEA IntelliJ and Select Preferences (this is for macOS, on Windows it may vary),
- Go to Editor -> General -> Appearance,
- Select the checkbox: Show line Numbers
This is a permanent solution, even if you close the IDE and reopen it, you will be able to persist with the change.
- Fix NVIDIA GeForce Experience ERROR CODE 0x0003
- How to convert byte array to String [Kotlin]
- Unzip a Zip file from Terminal Command
- How to write hello world different languages syntax
- [Error] zsh: command not found: mvn
- How to know the version of OpenSSL
- [Solution] IDEA IntelliJ System.out.println function shortcut (sysout alternative for eclipse IDE)
- The default username and password for RabbitMQ
- ChatGPT Outage: Hmm...something seems to have gone wrong. Maybe try me again in a little bit.
- How to check the version of NodeJS installed
- Gmail Unable to upload because it is a folder or a package (like an application bundle or RTFD document)
- How to remove password from pdf file
- BSNL Broadband upgrades speed to minimum 2MBps for all users 512Kbps 1Mbps
- MongoDB: Failed to connect to 127.0.0.1:27017 reason: Connection refused
- Turn off Focus Mode on Mac
- Steps to Delete or Deactivate Instagram Account
- [IRCTC] Indian railways official eRail API 1.1 for developers to get train info
- CentOS Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo base7x86_64 yum
- Why I see Download pre-built shared indexes in IntelliJ
- Copy file from a remote server to current local directory system using SCP command
- [Fix] Minecraft Error: A JNI error has occurred, please check your installation and try again
- How to install Zsh shell
- Merge multiple zip files without unzipping (extracting)
- How to find someone on Instagram
- How to get an embed code from Vimeo?
- How to add ruler in Sublime Text tab window - Sublime-Text
- Display List of Databases in mysql Command Line - MySQL
- How to URL Encode Data for a cURL Request Parameters - cURL
- MD5 Hashing in Python - Python
- 573 List of reserved keywords in AWS DynamoDB - AWS
- Install Apache Tomcat ver 8 on Mac OS X Yosemite 10.10 - Mac-OS-X
- How to create an Autocomplete Android EditText Example - Android
- [Solution] Error: brew cask is no longer a brew command - MacOS