There are multiple ways you can enable or disable line numbers on your IntelliJ IDE regardless of what programming language IDE you are using (Android Studio, Java, or PyCharm for Python),
Let's see some examples to enable line numbers,
1. Using right click at gutter area:
- Move your cursor to the gutter area (left side of any file),
- Right click and select: Show line Numbers,
- The line numbers should be visible.
Note that the above solution is a temporary solution when you restart your IDE it will be gone.
2. Using Search Everywhere Option
- Press Shift Key Twice,
- Type: Show line Numbers,
- Turn ON the option.
3. Using System Preferences,
- Go to IDEA IntelliJ and Select Preferences (this is for macOS, on Windows it may vary),
- Go to Editor -> General -> Appearance,
- Select the checkbox: Show line Numbers
This is a permanent solution, even if you close the IDE and reopen it, you will be able to persist the change.
Have Questions? Post them here!
- Setting up RSS feeds notifications within Outlook
- What is HTTP 500 Internal Server Error Code on web browsers
- Background task activation is spurious error - Windows 10, Office 2016, Office 365
- How to change font, apply bold or italic styles, font size in Windows Notepad
- How to Generate Self-Signed OpenSSL certificate in three easy steps
- How to use HashTags # correctly on Social Media Facebook Twitter
- How to find lost AirPods?
- cURL HTTP GET request command examples
- How to press shortcut CTRL + ALT + DEL on Windows Remote Desktop
- How to get weather details in Command Prompt, macOS or Linux Terminal
- Create Custom Android AlertDialog - Android
- Copy Text to Android Clipboard Programmatically ClipboardManager - Android
- Facebook Down Will Be Back Soon - Facebook
- How to check installed Eclipse version 32-bit or 64-bit - Eclipse
- How to create an Autocomplete Android EditText Example - Android
- How to display Toast on Button Click : Android - Android
- Two Buttons next to each other in Android Layout - Android
- JSON Datatypes : Tutorial - Json-Tutorial
- Eclipse : Workspace was written with an older version of the product and will be updated - Eclipse
- Android Error Unexpected cast to Button: layout tag was FrameLayout - Android
- [Solved] SharePoint System.IO.FileNotFoundException was unhandled - SharePoint
- Fibonacci series from 1 to 500 table - Html
- The author stylesheet specified in tag script is too long - document contains 21759 bytes whereas the limit is 10000 bytes - Html
- Facebook Graph API Unavailable - Facebook