If you want to SCP a file from your local system to a remote server location you can do that by running the below command in your Terminal,
scp <local-file-path> remote_user@remote_server_ip:<remote_directory_path>
- scp: Secure Copy is a command-line utility that allows you to securely copy files and directories between two locations.
- local-file-path: Name a absolute path of the file you want to upload from local system.
- remote_user: Remote server username.
- remote_server_ip: IP address or domain detail of the remote server.
- remote_directory_path: Path at the remote server where you want to transfer the file to.
scp /user/c2c/documents/myFile.txt email@example.com /usr/myDir/
✌️Make sure you provide correct paths based on Windows/Unix/Mac server/local systems.
Have Questions? Post them here!
More Posts related to HowTos,
- Fix NVIDIA GeForce Experience ERROR CODE 0x0003
- How to convert byte array to String [Kotlin]
- Unzip a Zip file from Terminal Command
- How to write hello world different languages syntax
- [Error] zsh: command not found: mvn
- How to know the version of OpenSSL
- [Solution] IDEA IntelliJ System.out.println function shortcut (sysout alternative for eclipse IDE)
- The default username and password for RabbitMQ
- ChatGPT Outage: Hmm...something seems to have gone wrong. Maybe try me again in a little bit.
- How to check the version of NodeJS installed
- Gmail Unable to upload because it is a folder or a package (like an application bundle or RTFD document)
- How to remove password from pdf file
- BSNL Broadband upgrades speed to minimum 2MBps for all users 512Kbps 1Mbps
- MongoDB: Failed to connect to 127.0.0.1:27017 reason: Connection refused
- Turn off Focus Mode on Mac
- Steps to Delete or Deactivate Instagram Account
- [IRCTC] Indian railways official eRail API 1.1 for developers to get train info
- CentOS Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo base7x86_64 yum
- Why I see Download pre-built shared indexes in IntelliJ
- Copy file from a remote server to current local directory system using SCP command
- [Fix] Minecraft Error: A JNI error has occurred, please check your installation and try again
- How to install Zsh shell
- Merge multiple zip files without unzipping (extracting)
- How to find someone on Instagram
- How to get an embed code from Vimeo?
- Types of brackets used in Programming Languages - Codes - 2022
- How to sort a List using Lambda in Python - Python
- Setting Expire Time - EX EXAT PX PXAT and KEEPTTL with Spring Boot + Redis - Java
- JSON Datatypes : Tutorial - Json-Tutorial
- How to disable SharePoint subsite creation option for owners - SharePoint
- [Fix] Microsoft Windows Store error 0x00000005 (Windows 8/10/11) - Windows
- Installing vue.js in Laravel 8 - PHP
- Steps to Delete or Deactivate Instagram Account - HowTos