If you want to SCP a file from your local system to a remote server location you can do that by running the below command in your Terminal,
scp <local-file-path> remote_user@remote_server_ip:<remote_directory_path>
- scp: Secure Copy is a command-line utility that allows you to securely copy files and directories between two locations.
- local-file-path: Name a absolute path of the file you want to upload from local system.
- remote_user: Remote server username.
- remote_server_ip: IP address or domain detail of the remote server.
- remote_directory_path: Path at the remote server where you want to transfer the file to.
scp /user/c2c/documents/myFile.txt email@example.com /usr/myDir/
✌️Make sure you provide correct paths based on Windows/Unix/Mac server/local systems.
Have Questions? Post them here!
More Posts related to HowTos,
- [IRCTC] Indian railways official eRail API 1.1 for developers to get train info
- 100+ SEO Tips to improve your website search ranking
- How to change font, apply bold or italic styles, font size in Windows Notepad
- CentOS Cannot find a valid baseurl for repo base7x86_64 yum
- Free Unlimited Calls from MTNL & BSNL Landlines from 1st May 2015
- SQL: Check if table exists
- How to get more information about npm using brew command
- Background task activation is spurious error - Windows 10, Office 2016, Office 365
- How to display only IP address using Terminal command
- Static IP MTNL available at Rs. 200 per month
- Understanding grep command and its usage [Unix/Linux/macOS/Windows-Bash]
- Fix: This app is no longer shared with you error iPhone or iPad iOS
- How to press shortcut CTRL + ALT + DEL on Windows Remote Desktop
- [Error] There was an error connecting to the apple id server
- Display bookmarks bar Safari
- Setting up RSS feeds notifications within Outlook
- How to Generate Self-Signed OpenSSL certificate in three easy steps
- [Error] zsh: command not found: mvn
- Copy all .vcf Mobile Contacts files into one .vcf
- Command to get count of only directories [macOS/Linux/Unix]
- How to fix: Please check your network connection (Retry)
- How to get weather details in Command Prompt, macOS or Linux Terminal
- How to Change or Set a new Password for your Wi-Fi Router
- BSNL Broadband upgrades speed to minimum 2MBps for all users 512Kbps 1Mbps
- How to write hello world different languages syntax
- How to change default macOS Terminal Window size - MacOS
- What is FCM Messages Test Notification! [Microsoft Teams] [Google Hangouts] - Microsoft
- Android : No Launcher activity found! Error - Android
- reCaptcha Verification expired. Check the checkbox again - Html
- How to add border to Android Button - Android