If you want to SCP a file from your local system to a remote server location you can do that by running the below command in your Terminal,
scp <local-file-path> remote_user@remote_server_ip:<remote_directory_path>
- scp: Secure Copy is a command-line utility that allows you to securely copy files and directories between two locations.
- local-file-path: Name a absolute path of the file you want to upload from local system.
- remote_user: Remote server username.
- remote_server_ip: IP address or domain detail of the remote server.
- remote_directory_path: Path at the remote server where you want to transfer the file to.
scp /user/c2c/documents/myFile.txt firstname.lastname@example.org /usr/myDir/
✌️Make sure you provide correct paths based on Windows/Unix/Mac server/local systems.
Have Questions? Post them here!
- Static IP MTNL available at Rs. 200 per month
- How to Connect to AWS Windows EC2 UI Instance from M1 Mac (Updated 2022)
- Unzip a Zip file from Terminal Command
- How to install Zsh shell
- SQL: Check if table exists
- [Error] There was an error connecting to the apple id server
- How to identify the version of IntelliJ
- How to Scan iPhone for Virus? Is Antivirus it really required?
- How to press shortcut CTRL + ALT + DEL on Windows Remote Desktop
- How to find someone on Instagram
- How to get more information about npm using brew command
- How to check the version of NodeJS installed
- Steps to Delete or Deactivate Instagram Account
- cURL HTTP GET request command examples
- Why I see Download pre-built shared indexes in IntelliJ
- How to display only IP address using Terminal command
- How to use HashTags # correctly on Social Media Facebook Twitter
- How to install tabnine on VS Code
- [Error] zsh: command not found: mvn
- [fix] Editor could not be opened unexpected error: File is a directory (VS Code)
- How to change font, apply bold or italic styles, font size in Windows Notepad
- 100+ SEO Tips to improve your website search ranking
- How to enable line numbers in IntelliJ
- Merge multiple zip files without unzipping (extracting)
- [Fix] Minecraft Error: A JNI error has occurred, please check your installation and try again
- How to use Content Assist in Eclipse IDE - Eclipse
- How to empty Trash in macOS? - MacOS
- [Android Studio] Button on click example - Android-Studio
- 3 Python program to add two numbers - Python
- How to retrieve all SharePoint Online List Items using Rest API - SharePoint
- Android : Neither user 10085 nor current process has android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE - Android
- How to install iTerm2 Mac Terminal Alternative - MacOS
- Replace delimiter with new line in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus