I recently ran into the below error when trying to run the Docker Application on my M1 Mac running on macOS Sonoma version 14.0.
Incompatible CPU detected Error: required compatibility check: Incompatible CPU detected We are sorry, but your hardware is incompatible with Docker Desktop. Docker requires a processor with virtualization capabilities and hypervisor support. To learn more about this issue see: https://docs.docker.com/desktop/mac/troubleshoot/ #incompatible-cpu-detected Diagnose & Feedback Reset Docker to factory defaults Quit
I was able to resolve this issue by downloading the correct installation (Apple Chip supported by M1/M2 ARM Silicon) and the latest version of Docker from https://www.docker.com.
You can clearly see the difference in the size of the Docker.dmg files, so I clearly installed the wrong version earlier.
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- How to docker remove a container when it exits
- Install Python on Alpine Linux - Docker
- How to Rename Docker Image with none TAG and REPOSITORY?
- Remove all stopped containers in Docker using prune command
- [Fix] Docker Error response from daemon: manifest for :latest not found: manifest unknown
- [fix] Error response from daemon: conflict unable to remove repository reference ubuntu container is using its referenced image
- [Docker] Install Python3 on Alpine Linux
- Unable to find image docker latest locally
- How to Stop/Cancel/kill docker image pull
- How to know the Docker Engine Version
- [fix] Docker: OCI runtime exec failed unable to start container process
- [Solution] Alpine Docker apt-get: not found
- Install and Run Cassandra on Docker Desktop
- Install node on Alpine Linux Docker
- How to Copy files from Docker Container to Host System
- Install the minimal Linux on Docker (only 5 mb Alpine Linux)
- How to stop and start a docker container
- Docker - Error response from daemon: You cannot remove a running container
- Open Docker Desktop from macOS Terminal
- How to check installed docker version command
- How to know the Docker Sandbox ID of a Container Network?
- [fix] docker: Error response from daemon: dial unix docker.raw.sock: connect: no such file or directory.
- [Docker] Install Git on Alpine Linux
- Docker MySQL Compose File with Volume Example
- [fix] Docker: Alpine Linux - /bin/sh: bash: not found
- How to press shortcut CTRL + ALT + DEL on Windows Remote Desktop - HowTos
- Python: Calculate Sum of numbers as elements of a List - Python
- Safari appends .html extension to files that are downloaded - Mac-OS-X
- Android Toolbar example with appcompat_v7 21 - Android
- Microsoft Teams: Sign-in is blocked error - Teams
- How to get the Android OS installed version programmatically - Android
- Python: Get just the filename without extension using Path - Python
- How to Close Safari in Mac using Keyboard shortcut - MacOS