Reasons for 0x204 RDP Error
You would get error 0x204 when you are trying to connect to a remote PC or a Server like Amazon EC2, when,
- Firewall/Security Issue: Make sure that the remote server's firewall is not blocking (TCP port 3389) connection.
- Network Connectivity Issue: It could be that the remote server is experiencing problems or is offline.
- Remote Desktop protocol version mismatch: You may also get 0x204 error when there is a version mismatch causing a compatibility issue between the remote desktop and the client.
- Server is booting up: It could be so that the remote server restarted or is booting up.
- Make sure the Remote Desktop software is up-to-date.
- Make sure that the client and remote computers are using the same version of the Remote Desktop Protocol. Check the version in the Remote Desktop client settings or the Remote Desktop session host configuration.
- Make sure that Remote Desktop is enabled both at client and server and that the computer is set to allow remote connections.
- Make sure that the firewall is not blocking connection to Remote Desktop.
- Make sure that Remote Desktop Server is up and running and not shut down.
- Make sure that there is stable internet connectivity at both the remote server and the client end, try a different network, and see if it resolves the issue.
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
More Posts related to Windows,
- Windows 365: Restore Deleted Distribution Group using Admin Center (Active Directory)
- How to Make a Windows Notepad File Read-Only
- Enable Cloud Based Clipboard for Images and Text on Windows 10/11
- Read file from Windows CMD (Command Line)
- Fix: This file is set to read-only. Try again with a different file name. [Windows 10/11]
- Top 5 Fonts for Windows Notepad
- Cannot access Windows application shortcuts on Start menu and Taskbar
- [Solution] WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80370102 VM on Mac
- Fix Windows Update Error Code: 0x80070643
- Fix: Windows 10/11 Update Install Error - 0x80070103
- Change the Size of History in Windows Terminal (Updated for Windows 11)
- How to Know Version of Windows Terminal
- How to do a Print Screen on Windows 11 to Screencapture
- How to Set PowerShell as Default Shell on Windows Terminal
- How to know the version and Device ID of OneDrive on Mac
- How to Press a Enter in Cell for New Line on Microsoft Excel on Mac
- Minecraft Fix: Error: UNKNOWN code: Deep Ocean - Something went wrong in the login process
- [Fix] Microsoft Windows OneDrive 0x8007018b Error Code
- How to Change the Default Shell in Windows Terminal App
- Fix: Failed in attempting to update the source: winget
- [Fix] Microsoft Windows Store error 0x00000005 (Windows 8/10/11)
- Fix: Windows Update Error Code: 0x800f0922
- Fix: Error code: 0x204 Microsoft Remote Desktop - Unable to connect the remote PC.
- Shortcut to Open Snipping Tool on Windows and Take Screenshot
- Grep Alternative for Windows CMD or PowerShell: findstr
- How to refresh Safari on Mac (macOS) using keyboard shortcut - MacOS
- iPhone Message: A new iOS update is now available. Please update from the iOS 14 beta. - Apple
- Compare two files in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- How to create volume in Docker using Command - Docker
- JSON Tutorial: List of Lessons - Json-Tutorial
- Step-by-Step Guide: How to Fix - Error Establishing a Database Connection in WordPress - PHP
- zsh: command not found: brew [fix] - zsh
- Java Join Strings with Comma Separator - Java