If you are using Microsoft OneDrive Cloud Store and have a file on your local device associated with it and you try to rename, edit or delete the file and you get 0x8007018b error code then most likely it is due to the OneDrive syncing that is in progress.
Fix 1: Wait for the Sync to complete
Wait for the OneDrive Sync to complete, one done try to rename/move/delete the file and it should work
Fix 2: Close the OneDrive App
If the sync is taking long and you are in a hurry you can close the OneDrive app by selecting the OneDrive cloud icon on the Windows bar: More -> Close OneDrive.
This is not an AI-generated article but is demonstrated by a human on a Windows 11 device.
Please support independent contributors like Code2care by donating a coffee.
Buy me a coffee!
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- Windows 365: Restore Deleted Distribution Group using Admin Center (Active Directory)
- How to Make a Windows Notepad File Read-Only
- Enable Cloud Based Clipboard for Images and Text on Windows 10/11
- Read file from Windows CMD (Command Line)
- Fix: This file is set to read-only. Try again with a different file name. [Windows 10/11]
- Top 5 Fonts for Windows Notepad
- Cannot access Windows application shortcuts on Start menu and Taskbar
- [Solution] WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80370102 VM on Mac
- Fix Windows Update Error Code: 0x80070643
- Fix: Windows 10/11 Update Install Error - 0x80070103
- Change the Size of History in Windows Terminal (Updated for Windows 11)
- How to Know Version of Windows Terminal
- How to do a Print Screen on Windows 11 to Screencapture
- How to Set PowerShell as Default Shell on Windows Terminal
- How to know the version and Device ID of OneDrive on Mac
- How to Press a Enter in Cell for New Line on Microsoft Excel on Mac
- Minecraft Fix: Error: UNKNOWN code: Deep Ocean - Something went wrong in the login process
- [Fix] Microsoft Windows OneDrive 0x8007018b Error Code
- How to Change the Default Shell in Windows Terminal App
- Fix: Failed in attempting to update the source: winget
- [Fix] Microsoft Windows Store error 0x00000005 (Windows 8/10/11)
- Fix: Windows Update Error Code: 0x800f0922
- Fix: Error code: 0x204 Microsoft Remote Desktop - Unable to connect the remote PC.
- Shortcut to Open Snipping Tool on Windows and Take Screenshot
- Grep Alternative for Windows CMD or PowerShell: findstr
- [Solution] Notepad++ Compare option unavailable - NotepadPlusPlus
- Insert Auto Increment Value using PreparedStatement in Java JDBC - Java
- How to enable line numbers in Eclipse IDE - Eclipse
- How to create a circular Image using pure CSS Code - CSS
- [Hibernate] The method buildSessionFactory() from the type Configuration is deprecated - Java
- Python: How to create a Panda Data frame from a List - Python
- How to Install Python Modules in VS Code - Python
- How to Show Path of Files or App in Mac Spotlight Search - MacOS