If you do complex formulations and workings using Microsoft Excel, you might surely be using the lock cells feature to prevent your formulas or functions in your worksheet intact and unaffected when other cells are edited, or you do not want important data to have tampered when you collaborate with your colleagues.
If you are new to Excel on your Mac/Macbook, you may want to know how it is done! Let's find out in below easy steps.
- Step 1: Open the spreadsheet on your Mac.
- Step 2: Now select the cell or cells that you want to lock.
- Step 3: Control-Click (Right-click) and select Format Cells..
- Step 4: Now make sure the the Locked checkbox is selected. Closed the Format Cell dialog.
- Step 5: Now on the Ribbins, select Review tab.
- Step 6: Click on Protect Sheet.
- Step 7: Now:
Uncheck "Select locked" If you don't want others to select locked cells.
Check "Select unlocked" If you want others can select and fill out unlocked cells.
- Step 7: Now enter the Password and Verify it.
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- Windows 365: Restore Deleted Distribution Group using Admin Center (Active Directory)
- How to Make a Windows Notepad File Read-Only
- Enable Cloud Based Clipboard for Images and Text on Windows 10/11
- Read file from Windows CMD (Command Line)
- Fix: This file is set to read-only. Try again with a different file name. [Windows 10/11]
- Top 5 Fonts for Windows Notepad
- Cannot access Windows application shortcuts on Start menu and Taskbar
- [Solution] WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80370102 VM on Mac
- Fix Windows Update Error Code: 0x80070643
- Fix: Windows 10/11 Update Install Error - 0x80070103
- Change the Size of History in Windows Terminal (Updated for Windows 11)
- How to Know Version of Windows Terminal
- How to do a Print Screen on Windows 11 to Screencapture
- How to Set PowerShell as Default Shell on Windows Terminal
- How to know the version and Device ID of OneDrive on Mac
- How to Press a Enter in Cell for New Line on Microsoft Excel on Mac
- Minecraft Fix: Error: UNKNOWN code: Deep Ocean - Something went wrong in the login process
- [Fix] Microsoft Windows OneDrive 0x8007018b Error Code
- How to Change the Default Shell in Windows Terminal App
- Fix: Failed in attempting to update the source: winget
- [Fix] Microsoft Windows Store error 0x00000005 (Windows 8/10/11)
- Fix: Windows Update Error Code: 0x800f0922
- Fix: Error code: 0x204 Microsoft Remote Desktop - Unable to connect the remote PC.
- Shortcut to Open Snipping Tool on Windows and Take Screenshot
- Grep Alternative for Windows CMD or PowerShell: findstr
- Ubuntu Linux: How to Login as root User - Ubuntu
- Fix RabbitMQ: AuthenticationFailureException: ACCESS_REFUSED - Java
- How to install wget on macOS - MacOS
- Where are Notepad++ temp unsaved files stored? - NotepadPlusPlus
- 573 List of reserved keywords in AWS DynamoDB - AWS
- How to escape HTML characters in Java - Java
- Increase or Decrease macOS Sonoma Sidebar Icon and Text Size - MacOS
- List of Eclipse versions and future releases (2022-06) - Eclipse