TextEdit Application on the Mac lets you create rich text files, hence it is possible to add text formatting like lists.
If you want to add a bullet point or numbering list within your text file, you can do that as follows,
- Open TextEdit app.
- Make sure you have Rich Text option enabled under Menu: TextEdit -> Preferences/Settings -> New Document.
- Now click on "List bullets and numbering" option and you should see options,
- Select the option you need and when you press enter, the list should continue in sequence.
1. Point one 2. Point two 3. Point three • Bullet one • Bullet two • Bullet three ✓ Tick one ✓ Tick two ✓ Tick three I. Number one II. Number two III. Number three
None - • ▪ ✓ 1. 2. 3.. 1) 2) 3).. A. B. C.... a. b. c.... a) b) c).. Show More...
Have Questions? Post them here!
- How to find path of file on Mac Terminal
- How to disable Siri on Mac Monterey
- [fix] macOS Ventura xcrun: error: invalid active developer path missing xcrun at: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/xcrun
- Select Line Number TextEdit on Mac
- Go to Specific file path using Mac Finder
- How to find Java HOME in Mac Terminal
- bash: command not found error [macOS Terminal Linux, Unix or Windows]
- Must Know Homebrew Commands for Mac/Linux Users
- How to Insert an Inverted Question Mark on Mac ¿
- Hide Keyboard Text Input Icon on macOS Ventura Menu Bar
- How to make macOS Terminal window Transparent (or Opaque)
- How to check of Updates on Microsoft Edge Browser on Mac (macOS)
- Limit scrollback rows in macOS Terminal
- How to identify installed Java (JDK) Version on macOS
- Keyboard Shortcut to delete a file on a Mac [Macbook]
- Open Docker from Terminal Command on Mac
- Installing MongoDB on Linux/Unix/macOS/Ubuntu
- How to take a screenshot on a Mac - updated for Ventura 13 [updated 2023]
- ls: .: Operation not permitted - Mac Terminal ZSH Error
- How to remove username from Mac Menu Bar?
- macOS Ventura XCode Command Line Tools Installation
- Where is .zshrc file located in macOS
- How to Show Path of Files or App in Mac Spotlight Search
- How to enable root user on Mac Terminal
- Install Java 17 (LTS) JDK on ARM based M1/M2 Mac Natively
- Fix Error CAA50021 - Number of retry attempts exceeds expectation - Microsoft 365 Apps - Microsoft
- Java 8 JDBC: Insert Timestamp Code Example - Java
- Install Visual Studio VS Code on Mac using Brew - MacOS
- Enable and reduce background noise in Microsoft Teams with AI-based noise suppression - Teams
- Using Java 8 Month Enum with Examples - Java
- Android Studio 1.3 beta now Available for Developers - Android-Studio
- How to Change Eclipse Default Web Browser - Eclipse
- Fix: Git Pull Error: unable to resolve reference refs/remotes/origin/master: reference broken - Git