Windows couldn't complete the requested changes. The changes couldn't be completed. Please reboot your computer and try again. Error Code: 0x800f0922
Reason for Error Code: 0x800f0922
- There is no sufficient disk space available to install the updates.
- There could be some conflicts with 3rd party applications.
- There could be some network-related issues.
The error code "0x800f0922" is a very common error that usually occurs during updates installation for Windows 10 or 11, the reason for this error can be one of the below,
If we take a look at the Windows Update common errors and mitigation page, we have this information.
|0x800f0922: CBS_E_INSTALLERS_FAILED||The July cumulative update failed to be installed on Windows Server 2016||In the CBS.log, you may find that updates sometimes roll back when License and Product key tokens fail to be updated. This issue can be resolved by adding write permissions for the "User" and "Network Service" accounts to the C:\Windows\System32\spp\ folder.|
How to fix the issue
- Make sure that you have enough disk space to install the updates. If not try to make some space and try again.
- Make sure that you have a stable network connection. Try with another Wifi connection to see if it helps.
- Also make sure that your Antivirus or firewall is not interfering with the software update installation. Try to turn off the firewall and check.
- You can try downloading the Windows Update Catalog (KB) manually from Windows Website: https://catalog.update.microsoft.com/Home.aspx
- Make sure that you have the latest version of NET Framework installed.
- Make sure that you have not connected external devices such as a pen drive or an external hard disk.
- Make sure that the License and Product key tokens are updated. You can address this by granting write permissions to the "User" and "Network Service" accounts for the C:\Windows\System32\spp\ folder.
Below is the answer I got from Microsoft Virtual Agent:
Try to identify the command that failed:
- On the affected computer, go to the %Windir%\logs\CBS folder (%Windir% represents the Windows directory on the computer’s system drive).
- Use a text editor to open the most recent CBS.log file, and search for a “, error” string.
- When you find this string, note the timestamp of that log entry and examine the log entries that precede that time. One of those entries should identify the command that failed
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- Windows 365: Restore Deleted Distribution Group using Admin Center (Active Directory)
- How to Make a Windows Notepad File Read-Only
- Enable Cloud Based Clipboard for Images and Text on Windows 10/11
- Read file from Windows CMD (Command Line)
- Fix: This file is set to read-only. Try again with a different file name. [Windows 10/11]
- Top 5 Fonts for Windows Notepad
- Cannot access Windows application shortcuts on Start menu and Taskbar
- [Solution] WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80370102 VM on Mac
- Fix Windows Update Error Code: 0x80070643
- Fix: Windows 10/11 Update Install Error - 0x80070103
- Change the Size of History in Windows Terminal (Updated for Windows 11)
- How to Know Version of Windows Terminal
- How to do a Print Screen on Windows 11 to Screencapture
- How to Set PowerShell as Default Shell on Windows Terminal
- How to know the version and Device ID of OneDrive on Mac
- How to Press a Enter in Cell for New Line on Microsoft Excel on Mac
- Minecraft Fix: Error: UNKNOWN code: Deep Ocean - Something went wrong in the login process
- [Fix] Microsoft Windows OneDrive 0x8007018b Error Code
- How to Change the Default Shell in Windows Terminal App
- Fix: Failed in attempting to update the source: winget
- [Fix] Microsoft Windows Store error 0x00000005 (Windows 8/10/11)
- Fix: Windows Update Error Code: 0x800f0922
- Fix: Error code: 0x204 Microsoft Remote Desktop - Unable to connect the remote PC.
- Shortcut to Open Snipping Tool on Windows and Take Screenshot
- Grep Alternative for Windows CMD or PowerShell: findstr
- Fix: zsh: command not found: adb (Android) - MacOS
- [fix] command not found curl - cURL
- Simple CSS Grid Example - CSS
- [Android Studio] How to locate code for activity_main.xml - Android-Studio
- How to fix: You will need Google Chrome to install most apps, extensions and themes. - Chrome
- How to display Java Date Time timezone GMT/UTC offset using SimpleDateFormat - Java
- How to open a new tab in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- How to Fix AttributeError in Python - Python