To change encoding of file from ANSI to UTF-8 in Windows Notepad you can follow the below steps.
- Open the file with Notepad.
- Now go to File > Save as or press Control + Shift + S
- Now under Encoding dropdown, select UTF-8.
- Click Save (you will see a prompt file already exits! Do you want to replace it? Click Yes)
Now the file encoding will be changed to UTF-8.
File Encoding Options in Windows Notepad App
UTF-16 LE UTF-16 BE UTF-8 UTF-8 with BOM
This is not an AI-generated article but is demonstrated by a human on a Windows 11 PC.
Please support independent contributors like Code2care by donating a coffee.
Buy me a coffee!
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- Windows 365: Restore Deleted Distribution Group using Admin Center (Active Directory)
- How to Make a Windows Notepad File Read-Only
- Enable Cloud Based Clipboard for Images and Text on Windows 10/11
- Read file from Windows CMD (Command Line)
- Fix: This file is set to read-only. Try again with a different file name. [Windows 10/11]
- Top 5 Fonts for Windows Notepad
- Cannot access Windows application shortcuts on Start menu and Taskbar
- [Solution] WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80370102 VM on Mac
- Fix Windows Update Error Code: 0x80070643
- Fix: Windows 10/11 Update Install Error - 0x80070103
- Change the Size of History in Windows Terminal (Updated for Windows 11)
- How to Know Version of Windows Terminal
- How to do a Print Screen on Windows 11 to Screencapture
- How to Set PowerShell as Default Shell on Windows Terminal
- How to know the version and Device ID of OneDrive on Mac
- How to Press a Enter in Cell for New Line on Microsoft Excel on Mac
- Minecraft Fix: Error: UNKNOWN code: Deep Ocean - Something went wrong in the login process
- [Fix] Microsoft Windows OneDrive 0x8007018b Error Code
- How to Change the Default Shell in Windows Terminal App
- Fix: Failed in attempting to update the source: winget
- [Fix] Microsoft Windows Store error 0x00000005 (Windows 8/10/11)
- Fix: Windows Update Error Code: 0x800f0922
- Fix: Error code: 0x204 Microsoft Remote Desktop - Unable to connect the remote PC.
- Shortcut to Open Snipping Tool on Windows and Take Screenshot
- Grep Alternative for Windows CMD or PowerShell: findstr
- Github: How to Invite Collaborators - Git
- How to save a file as csv in Windows Notepad? - Microsoft
- Change color of macOS terminal prompt - MacOS
- How to install Terraform on M1/M2 Mac - MacOS
- Fix - sudo: systemctl: command not found - Ubuntu
- Bootstrap tooltip not working - Bootstrap
- How to make text bold using CSS - CSS