If you are unable to find Python being installed on your Windows (10/11) operating system and wondering how to locate the folder, well there are a few things that you can try.
Option 1: Make use of the where command
If you make use of the Command Prompt or PowerShell you can try to make use of the where command.
The where command can be used to display the location of files that match the given search pattern.Example:
C:/> where python C:/> C:\Users\Code2care\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python39-32\python-exe
where command: https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/administration/windows-commands/where
Option 2: Using the which command
If you make use of bash or git bash on Windows, you can try the which command.
# man witch which – locate a program file in the user's path
Oprion 3: Using Python code
This may sound funny, but you can write your own Python script or execute code snippets to find out the location of your Python installation on your Windows device using the os module.Example:
>>> import os >>> import sys >>> os.path.dirname(sys.executable) 'C:\Users\Code2care\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python39-32\python-exe'
Option 4: Check the Environment Variables
Python is often added to the system's PATH environment variable during installation. You can check if the Python installation directory is listed in the PATH variable by following these steps,
- Go to Start menu and search for "Environment Variables"
- Click on "Edit the system environment variables" option.
- In System Properties -> "Environment Variables" button.
- Look for Path under "System variables"
- Click edit and check if the Python installation directory is included.
Option 6: Search Manually
Most commonly Python setup is installed under C: drive "Program Files" or "Program Files (x86)" based on 32/64 bit versions. You can try to go to this location and try to find out.
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- How to use SSH in Windows Terminal
- Mac: Sign in Required We cant upload or download your changes because your cached credentials have expired [Word Excel]
- [Fix] Microsoft Windows Store error 0x00000005 (Windows 8/10/11)
- How to Create Awesome Quizzes using Windows 365 Forms
- Cannot access Windows application shortcuts on Start menu and Taskbar
- How to lock cells in Microsoft Excel for Mac
- How to locate Python Installation on Windows (10/11)
- [Solution] The connection to the remote PC was lost, preparing to reconnect - Windows RDP
- Fix: Error code: 0x204 Microsoft Remote Desktop - Unable to connect the remote PC.
- How to Repeat Last Action F4 on Excel on Mac Like Windows
- Grep Alternative for Windows CMD or PowerShell: findstr
- Read file from Windows CMD (Command Line)
- Office.com downloading zero byte file name prelanding on Safari browser
- How to Press a Enter in Cell for New Line on Microsoft Excel on Mac
- Cmd command get current directory location
- How to update Microsoft Excel on Mac
- [Fix] Microsoft Windows OneDrive 0x8007018b Error Code
- How to Insert Checkbox in Excel on Mac
- How to turn off Dark Mode in Excel App for Mac
- Minecraft Fix: Error: UNKNOWN code: Deep Ocean - Something went wrong in the login process
- Fix Windows Update Error Code: 0x80070643
- Windows 365: Restore Deleted Distribution Group using Admin Center (Active Directory)
- How to add Solver Add-in in Microsoft Excel on Mac
- sudo is not recognized as an internal or external command
- How to Freeze Top Row in Excel for Mac
- Fibonacci series from 1 to 500 table - Html
- Convert Java Object to JSON using Jackson Library - Java
- How to Gzip a file directory on Mac OS X using Terminal Command - Mac-OS-X
- MacBook - Time Limit - You have reached your time limit, Ignore Limit - MacOS
- Delete Android Studio Projects - Android-Studio
- bash: cls: command not found - Linux
- How to Freeze Top Row in Excel for Mac - Windows
- Change Sublime Text 3 white background color theme - Sublime-Text