Android Studio 4.2 Canary 1 is not available for developers in the Canary and Dev channels.
I was able to upgrade my Android Studio 4.0 to 4.2 as I have set the update mode to Dev Channel if you cannot see updates you need to do the following steps,
- Open Android Studio
- Go to Menu -> Help
- Click on Check for Updates...
- Now click on Configure automatic updates.
- Here you need to change "Automatically check for updates" from Stable Channel to Dev or Canary Channel
Now just close the window and redo the steps Help -> Check for updates, you should be able to see the 4.2 upgrade message
A new Android Studio 4.2 Canary 1 is available in the dev channel. Dev builds include all of our new features and bug fixes with additional testing. We try to release updates weekly to address bugs and introduce new features. They are still subject to bugs, but we want people to see what's new as soon as possible while limiting the risk of regression. For more predictable builds, use Settings | Updates and select the Canary Channel.
Click on download and you should be taken to the download link - https://developer.android.com/studio/preview/?utm_source=android-studioSome new features in 4.2
- Support for Jetpack Compose
- New Jetpack Compose tooling support in 4.2
- Interactive preview
- Deploy to device
- Preview Data Sources API
- [Android Studio] failed to find Build Tools revision 23.0.0 rc1
- Android Studio: Cannot perform refactoring operation
- Error running 'app': No target device found.
- Building library Gradle Project Info: Downloading services.gradle.org
- Failed to install Android.apk on device 'emulator-5554': timeout
- Android Emulator 5.1.1 not loading on Mac OS X Android Studio
- How to Configure Eclipse keymap in IntelliJ IDE
- Android Studio 1.3 beta now Available for Developers
- Instant Run requires Tools | Android | Enable ADB integration to be enabled
- Android Studio : Implement abstract methods shortcut
- Struts2 : java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.commons.fileupload.RequestContext - Java
- Upload Pdf file using PHP Script - PHP
- How to Gzip a file directory on Mac OS X using Terminal Command - Mac-OS-X
- Get-ADUser PowerShell - Get AD user details using email address - SharePoint
- How to Import External Jars to Android Studio 1.0.1 Project - Android-Studio
- How to destroy PHP session() - PHP
- Add Blank Lines Between Each Lines in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Take Screenshot on Mac OS X (Keyboard Shortcuts) - Mac-OS-X
- How to remove blank lines from a file using Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Calculate Area of ellipse - C-Program
- SharePoint 2010 DataForm Unable to display this Web Part System.StackOverflowException - SharePoint
- SwissCovid App Launched in Switzerland - News
- ASCII to HEX and HEX to ASCII Conversion Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Android : Duplicate registration for activity com.example.abc - Android
- Android Emulator Soft Back button action using Computer keyboard - Android