If you want to disable Landscape mode for your android app ( or a single activity) all you need to do is add, android:screenOrientation="portrait" to the activity tag in AndroidManifest.xml file.
<activity android:name="YourActivityName" android:icon="@drawable/icon" android:label="Your App Name" android:screenOrientation="portrait">
Now the activity YourActivityName be displayed only in portrait mode.
If you want to do this programatically ie. using Java code. You can do so by adding the below code in the Java class of the activity that you don't want to be displayed in landscape mode.
- Android Error Unexpected cast to Button: layout tag was FrameLayout
- ADT quit unexpectedly error on Mac OSX Android Eclipse SDK
- Parsing Data for android-21 failed unsupported major.minor version 51.0
- Android Studio Ctrl Shift o auto import not working
- java.lang.IllegalStateException: You need to use a Theme.AppCompat theme (or descendant) with this activity.
- Android : How to make TextView Scrollable
- This class should be public (android.support.v7.internal.widget.ActionBarView.HomeView) Lint Error
- Integrating Android Facebook SDK 3.17.2 Tutorial
- Android R Cannot Be Resolved To A Variable
- Android : Exception raised during rendering: action_bar API 22
- How to take screenshot on Android
- Read Text file from SD Card : Android Programming
- How to make Android EditText not editable
- Your Android SDK is out of date or is missing templates. Please ensure you are using SDK version 22 or later.
- The declared package does not match the expected package Eclipse
- Can't Run SDK Manager find_java.bat issue
- What is Android Toast.LENGTH_SHORT and Toast. LENGTH_LONG durations
- Android Emulator Soft Back button action using Computer keyboard
- Multiline EditText in Android Example
- Use 5G Network on Android Emulator
- Make Android TextView Clickable like Buttons
- How to empty trash in Android Device
- Android : Execute some code after back button is pressed
- Disable Fading Edges Scroll Effect Android Views
- How To Disable Landscape Mode in Android Application
- Change Title text for Android Activity using java code - Android
- How to make a div tag clickable - Html
- Skip Test Maven while creating package command - Java
- Windows 10 now has a new enhanced Calculator with a new icon - News
- SharePoint Server 2016 error Microsoft Office Online Server 2016 cant be installed on the same machine as a Microsoft SharePoint Server product - SharePoint
- How to make macOS Terminal window Transparent (or Opaque) - MacOS
- Check SSH/OpenSSH version Command - Linux
- List of All Apple Silicon ARM Based M1/M2 Mac [updated Oct 2022) - MacOS