Authorization Error Error 400: invalid_request You cant sign in to this app because it doesn't comply with Google's Auth 2.0 policy for keeping apps secure. You can let the app developer know that this app doesn't comply with one or more Google validation rules.
If you are tying to add a Gmail email to Mail Application on your Mac running macOS and you get "Error 400: invalid_request" then if you read the Google troubleshooting guide page it says "Access blocked: App sent an invalid request.", which means the Mail app is using an authorization method that Google doesn’t allow.
What can you do about this error?
Only the third-party developer can fix this issue. Contact the developer directly to tell them about the error.
Steps to fix this issue:
- Login to your Gmail Account on your browser.
- Under your profile icon and click "Manage your Google Account"
- Select Security from the left sidebar and go to "Signing in to Google," select 2-Step Verification.
- Go to App Password and select app as Mail and device as macOS.
- Click on Generate
- Now go to the Mac mail app and choose "other mail" and use this 16-character code that you generated for your device as password.
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- Clear Screen shortcut macOS Terminal
- What is macOS Ventura?
- [fix] How to Show file extensions on all files on Mac
- How to Find Where Mac Terminal App is Located?
- AutoSave button not working on Office on Mac (Word, Excel or Powerpoint)
- macOS say command text to speech using various voices and languages
- How to change Ping TTL value on macOS
- Open .bash_profile File in TextEdit using Terminal
- How to know the Safari Version on Mac
- How to Copy full Absolute Path of a File on Mac
- 13.0 MacOS Ventura release date
- Enable spell check in Sublime Text (macOS)
- How to Display Analog Clock on Mac Menu Bar
- How to turn off Location Services macOS Ventura 13
- How to Open VS Code on Mac
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari
- How to Fix cd: too many arguments Error in Terminal: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How to install wget on macOS
- Select Line Number TextEdit on Mac
- Strikethrough Text in Excel for Mac
- How to Enable or Disable Dark Mode on macOS Ventura 13
- How to hide or display Wifi icon in macOS Bug Sur Menu Bar
- How to install Yarn on Mac (macOS)
- How to fix command not found brew (bash, zsh) on macOS Terminal
- How to Schedule Mails in macOS Ventura
- Open .bash_profile File in TextEdit using Terminal - MacOS
- How to add Business Users using Microsoft 365 Admin Center - Microsoft
- The Android Virtual Device is currently running in an emulator and cannot be deleted - Android
- Fix - java.lang.ClassCastException - Java
- Generate Facebook Android SDK keyhash using java code - Android
- 3 Ways to convert bytes to String in Python - Python
- Java - PatternSyntaxException - Java
- Error when deleting SharePoint Online folder or file - SharePoint