Notepad++ is a very useful text editor for every programmer, sadly its not yet available on the Mac OSX,
If you are in a situation where you want to put some text at the start of each line in your text, or at the end of each line , or both , well you can achieve this in notepad++ using the Find and Replace option using Regular Expression.
Check out how you can do it,
Step 1: Open Your text in Notepad++
Step 2: To add Text at the Start of each line
Press Ctrl+F to open Find window, click on the Replace tab, check that you have selected Regular Expression option, now add ^ in the Find textbox and the text you want at the start of each line in the Replace textbox, and click Replace all.
Step 3: To add Text at the End of each line
Press Ctrl+F to open Find window, click on the Replace tab, check that you have selected Regular Expression option, now add $ in the Find textbox and the text you want at the End of each line in the Replace textbox, and click Replace all.
Step 4: Result: You should now be able to see the changes.
Important: Do not forget to enable "Regular Expression" radio box, if you do not do so, you would not get the results!
- [Solution] Notepad++ Compare option unavailable
- How to delete all text after a character or string in Notepad++
- Notepad++ hex editor Examples
- Add Custom header and footer to Windows Notepad file
- Unable to edit file in Notepad++
- Locate Notepad++ unsaved files backup location
- Add Text at Start and End of Each Line Notepad++
- [Tutorial] How to Customize Notepad++ Toolbar
- How to hide lines in Notepad++
- How to close all tabs of Notepad++?
- Notepad++ Save Failed - Please check if this file is opened in another program.
- How to connect to an FTP or SFTP location using Notepad++
- How to add or remove bookmark on a line in Notepad++
- Enabling Notepad++ Dark Theme
- Notepad++ Reload - This file has been modified by another program. Do you want to reload it?
- Prettify JSON in Notepad++
- Portable Notepad++ for windows
- Alternatives for Notepad++ on Mac in 2021
- Indent XML Formatting In Notepad++
- Go to Line Number option in Windows Notepad
- Word count in Notepad++
- Show Notepad++ tabs in multiple lines instead of scroll on tab bar
- [Nopepad++] How to add text at end of each line
- How to open a new tab in Notepad++
- How to open Notepad?
- PHP drag and drop file upload tutorial using dropzone.js - PHP
- How to Word wrap eclipse console logs width - Eclipse
- How to ls command to output one entry per line [macOS/Linux/Bash] - Linux
- Sublime Text 3 spell check shortcut - Sublime
- Replace new line with comma in Sublime Text Editor - Sublime-Text
- How to write hello world different languages syntax - HowTos
- Graph API error when querying BookingBusinesses - ErrorExceededFindCountLimit, The GetBookingMailboxes request returned too many results - Microsoft
- Bash command to wait for seconds - Bash