If you do complex formulations and workings using Microsoft Excel, you might surely be using the lock cells feature to prevent your formulas or functions in your worksheet intact and unaffected when other cells are edited, or you do not want important data to have tampered when you collaborate with your colleagues.
If you are new to Excel on your Mac/Macbook, you may want to know how it is done! Let's find out in below easy steps.
- Step 1: Open the spreadsheet on your Mac.
- Step 2: Now select the cell or cells that you want to lock.
- Step 3: Control-Click (Right-click) and select Format Cells..
- Step 4: Now make sure the the Locked checkbox is selected. Closed the Format Cell dialog.
- Step 5: Now on the Ribbins, select Review tab.
- Step 6: Click on Protect Sheet.
- Step 7: Now:
Uncheck "Select locked" If you don't want others to select locked cells.
Check "Select unlocked" If you want others can select and fill out unlocked cells.
- Step 7: Now enter the Password and Verify it.
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- How to use SSH in Windows Terminal
- Mac: Sign in Required We cant upload or download your changes because your cached credentials have expired [Word Excel]
- [Fix] Microsoft Windows Store error 0x00000005 (Windows 8/10/11)
- How to Create Awesome Quizzes using Windows 365 Forms
- Cannot access Windows application shortcuts on Start menu and Taskbar
- How to lock cells in Microsoft Excel for Mac
- How to locate Python Installation on Windows (10/11)
- [Solution] The connection to the remote PC was lost, preparing to reconnect - Windows RDP
- Fix: Error code: 0x204 Microsoft Remote Desktop - Unable to connect the remote PC.
- How to Repeat Last Action F4 on Excel on Mac Like Windows
- Grep Alternative for Windows CMD or PowerShell: findstr
- Read file from Windows CMD (Command Line)
- Office.com downloading zero byte file name prelanding on Safari browser
- How to Press a Enter in Cell for New Line on Microsoft Excel on Mac
- Cmd command get current directory location
- How to update Microsoft Excel on Mac
- [Fix] Microsoft Windows OneDrive 0x8007018b Error Code
- How to Insert Checkbox in Excel on Mac
- How to turn off Dark Mode in Excel App for Mac
- Minecraft Fix: Error: UNKNOWN code: Deep Ocean - Something went wrong in the login process
- Fix Windows Update Error Code: 0x80070643
- Windows 365: Restore Deleted Distribution Group using Admin Center (Active Directory)
- How to add Solver Add-in in Microsoft Excel on Mac
- sudo is not recognized as an internal or external command
- How to Freeze Top Row in Excel for Mac
- Pdf Text to Speech option in Mac OS X Preview App - Mac-OS-X
- Your JBoss Application Server 7 is running However you have not yet added any users to be able to access the admin console - Java
- ls command to list only directories - Linux
- How to hide or disable iOS 14 App Library on iPhone? - Apple
- How to Change Background/Foreground Color to Vim - Linux
- How to Show Commit Date in Eclipse Git History Details - Git
- Setting and Updating AWS CLI Configuration - AWS
- Spring Boot + Redis Cloud Configuration and Setup Tutorial - Java