SharePoint works best with Internet Explorer, but we have seen compatibility issues with different IE versions as well.
Though SharePoint goes well with Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, and other browsers too, there is some functionality that works best with IE and there are few which work only with IE.Problem - Editing Office documents within SharePoint
You may come across a problem while editing SharePoint documents when you click the ECB Menu option "Edit in Microsoft Office/Excel". This action will display a message as below -
'Edit Document' requires a Windows SharePoint Services-compatible application and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or greater.Solution
Use a 32-bit IE version, this will not work with 64-bit IE versions.
Even if you have 64-bit IE installed, you can access the 32-bit version from here - C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exeIMPORTANT
Microsoft uses ActiveX controls for some SharePoint functionality and they work with only 32-Bit versions of Internet Explorer browser.
Other browsers like Chrome, Firefox do not support ActiveX and hence this functionality will not work with these browsers.
- SharePoint An unexpected error has occurred - Correlation ID and Merge-SPlogfile
- SharePoint list excel import error - Title is a required filed and can't be empty
- Send Email with attachment using SharePoint PowerShell, SMTP server
- Sharepoint errors were found when compiling the workflow
- How to update SharePoint List Item programmatically
- Merge-SPlogfile PowerShell - SharePoint Correlation ID error
- Get-ADUser PowerShell - Get AD user details using email address
- Restore deleted Office 365 SharePoint group site
- [Solved] SharePoint Access Denied error editing Document Name
- How to migrate SharePoint Designer 2010 workflow to Power Automate FLOW (Microsoft Office 365)
- Chrome : When Adobe flash player has finished updating, reload this page to active it - Chrome
- Read Text file from SD Card : Android Programming - Android
- Android : Exception raised during rendering: action_bar API 22 - Android
- Find the location of Spotlight searched file - Mac-OS-X
- JSP Hello World Program Tutorial with Eclipse and Tomcat Server - Java
- SharePoint Server 2016 installation System Hardware requirements - SharePoint
- How to serialize-deserialize an object in java - Java
- The selected device is incompatible : Android Studio - Android-Studio
- Unbound classpath container: JRE System Library [JavaSE-1.7] - Java
- Bootstrap tooltip not working - Bootstrap
- osascript wants to make changes while Android Studio Installation on Mac OS X - Mac-OS-X
- -bash: startup.sh: command not found - Apache Tomcat 8 - Tomcat
- Android M cannot run app using play button : Android Studio - Android
- How to take Screenshot on Android device - Android