SCP - OpenSSH secure file copy is a command that you can make use of to download or upload files and directories to a remote location.
SCP lets you copy files between hosts on a network.
If you want to copy (download) a complete directory and sub-directories from a remote server to your local system you can make use of the SCP command in the below way,
Example: Downloading/Copying files from remote server to your system
% scp -r firstname.lastname@example.org/remote/dir/path /local/destination/path/to/copy/directory/
As you can see in the above example, -r option lets you copy the entire directory.Example: Copy the remote directory to the current directory,
% scp -r email@example.com/remote/dir/path .
Example: Downloading/Copying files from your system to a remote server
% scp -r /local/path/to/copy/directory/ firstname.lastname@example.org/remote/dir/path
- Install Java Runtime Environment (Oracle or open JRE) on Ubuntu
- How to tar.gz a directory/folder
- How to check file permissions for your file using Linux/Unix/macOS Terminal Command
- Install OpenSSL on Linux/Ubuntu
- How to Install CVS Version Control on Linux/Ubuntu
- ls command sort by file size [Linix/UNIX/macOS/bash]
- Sort ls command by last modified date and time
- What does apt-get update command does?
- scp: ssh: connect to host xxxx port 22: Connection refused Error
- The Date Command and its usage [Linux - Unix - macOS]
- 3 Commands to stop Nginx Server
- How to Cut Copy and Paste in Nano Text Editor
- Calculate days between dates using dateutils ddiff command
- How to remove/delete a directory in Linux/macOs
- How to install npm on Ubuntu
- zsh hello world example
- bash: cls: command not found
- How to install python pip on Ubuntu using apt command
- How to quit or exit SFTP Prompt on Terminal
- SCP Copy all files from directory to Local Folder
- Command to display epoch time Terminal
- How to exit from nano command
- How to Display content of a file in Terminal Screen?
- How to remove or uninstall Java from Ubuntu using apt-get
- How to check uptime of Linux/Unix/macOS system/server using console command?
- Add new user in Ubuntu Linux using Terminal Command - Ubuntu
- Parsing CSV file using Java code example (Comma Separated File) - Java
- Java JDBC Example with Oracle Database Driver Connection - Java
- Brew Error - This command updates brew itself and does not take formula names - HowTos
- How to repeat background image in Android Activity - Android
- SharePoint An unexpected error has occurred - Correlation ID and PowerShell Merge-SPlogfile - SharePoint
- How to remove username from Mac Menu Bar? - MacOS
- List of Online Java compiler with console - Java