If you are not getting notifications in Microsoft Teams for a specific channel that you are part of and missing out on some important chat conversations then its most likely that notifications are disabled for this channel,
In order to turn on Channel notifications in Teams go to Channel you want to enable notification and click on the three dots -> Channel Notifications, select Banner and Feeds from the drop-down in order to enable notifications. This will notify you every time a new post is added to the channel.
If you do not want to notified for all the alerts you can even choose from these 3 types of settings that you will find in channel notifications:
- All new posts: This will notify you everytime someone starts a new conversation in the channel
- Include all replies: This will notify you any time someone replies to a conversation.
- Channel mentions: This will notify you whenever someone mentions the channel with @ sign
Note: If you use the "Reset to default" option this will turn on notification for all items and you will be notified for all the activities by a desktop banner notification.
Have Questions? Post them here!
- How to track and download Microsoft Teams meeting attendance report of participants/students
- How to Install Microsoft Teams App on M1 or M2 Mac
- How to uninstall/remove or disable Microsoft Teams
- How to enable, create and use Virtual Breakout Rooms in Microsoft Teams
- Cannot open or preview pdf with view only and restricted download access in Microsoft Teams
- How to enable Do Not Disturb (DND) mode in Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft Teams - Where would you like to start - Business or Personal
- [fix] White Screen when open Teams on Windows
- How to turn on channel notifications for Microsoft Teams
- Fix: Teams is in preview in Safari on Mac
- Microsoft Teams Error code - 6 issue
- Microsoft Teams Zoom In and Zoom Out Keyboard Shortcut
- [Microsoft Teams] You're not on Teams yet, but you can set it up for your organization.
- Microsoft Teams meeting Full Screen mode option missing - bring it back
- Fix Something went wrong 0xCAA20004 [Microsoft Teams]
- Cannot access files within Microsoft Teams - We are setting up your file directory
- How to Enable Dark Mode Theme in Microsoft Teams
- [Fix] Modern authentication failed here, but youll still be able to sign in. Your status code is 4c7 - Microsoft Teams
- Microsoft Teams enable or disable Spell check
- Fix Microsoft Teams Admin Center error - The Security zone setting isn't configured correctly
- Microsoft Teams adds New Conversation Button
- Microsoft Teams Error - You cannot add another work account to Teams at the moment
- How to Update Microsoft Teams to the latest Version
- Cannot create new Microsoft Team using PowerShell, even as Admin
- Fetch More then 10 Links Per Page in Google Search Result - Google
- [Fix] MySQL No database selected - ERROR 1046 (3D000) - MySQL
- Sublime Add text at start and end of each line - Sublime
- Rounded Images in Bootstrap framework - Bootstrap
- How to take user input from the console in a Python program - Python
- How to Configure Eclipse keymap in IntelliJ IDE - Android-Studio
- How to get the SharePoint Tenant Login URL - SharePoint
- Fix 0x80070194 Error When Opening Microsoft OneDrive File - Microsoft