If you type some data in a cell on a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet, on the Mac, you will notice that the cell below will get activated. But seems your intent was to add a new line in the same cell, you wanted to get on to the next line, right?
Well in such a case you will need to press Option ⌥ + Return (Enter) key on your Mac/Macbook keyboard.
You can check out the below gif demo to see this in action.
This will work on any Mac - Macbook Air/Pro, iMac, Mac Studio, or the Mac Mini.
If at any time you want to add more content on a cell to the next line, place your cursor at the end of the text and hit the Option + Return (Enter) key.
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- How to use SSH in Windows Terminal
- Mac: Sign in Required We cant upload or download your changes because your cached credentials have expired [Word Excel]
- [Fix] Microsoft Windows Store error 0x00000005 (Windows 8/10/11)
- How to Create Awesome Quizzes using Windows 365 Forms
- Cannot access Windows application shortcuts on Start menu and Taskbar
- How to lock cells in Microsoft Excel for Mac
- How to locate Python Installation on Windows (10/11)
- [Solution] The connection to the remote PC was lost, preparing to reconnect - Windows RDP
- Fix: Error code: 0x204 Microsoft Remote Desktop - Unable to connect the remote PC.
- How to Repeat Last Action F4 on Excel on Mac Like Windows
- Grep Alternative for Windows CMD or PowerShell: findstr
- Read file from Windows CMD (Command Line)
- Office.com downloading zero byte file name prelanding on Safari browser
- How to Press a Enter in Cell for New Line on Microsoft Excel on Mac
- Cmd command get current directory location
- How to update Microsoft Excel on Mac
- [Fix] Microsoft Windows OneDrive 0x8007018b Error Code
- How to Insert Checkbox in Excel on Mac
- How to turn off Dark Mode in Excel App for Mac
- Minecraft Fix: Error: UNKNOWN code: Deep Ocean - Something went wrong in the login process
- Fix Windows Update Error Code: 0x80070643
- Windows 365: Restore Deleted Distribution Group using Admin Center (Active Directory)
- How to add Solver Add-in in Microsoft Excel on Mac
- sudo is not recognized as an internal or external command
- How to Freeze Top Row in Excel for Mac
- ls command to sort by date - Linux
- Convert existing code project into a git project using Eclipse - Eclipse
- How to make TextView Text Transparent [Android] - Android
- Online Morse Code To Audio Converter Tool [Free] - Tools
- Gmail Error Bad Request Your client has issued a malformed or illegal request - Google
- Java Generics: Type parameter cannot be instantiated directly - Java
- How to get list of all Java versions installed on macOS - Java
- Permanently Set or Change $JAVA_HOME on Mac (macOS) - MacOS