If you purchased a new Mac device (Macbook, iMac, Mac mini) and try running java or javac command in Terminal you will get the below error as there is no Java Runtime pre-installed.
[email protected] ~ % java The operation couldn’t be completed. Unable to locate a Java Runtime. Please visit http://www.java.com for information on installing Java. [email protected] ~ % javac The operation couldn’t be completed. Unable to locate a Java Runtime. Please visit http://www.java.com for information on installing Java.
You need to visit http://www.java.com and download java dmg setup and install.
Note: Oracle Java is not yet available for MacBooks/Mac Mini's that are running on Apple Silicon M1 Chips, this setup will work using Rosetta 2 - which will convert the code for you!
Intel-based Mac running Mac OS X 10.7.3 (Lion) or later.
- [macOS] How to search or view previous terminal command history
- [Eclipse] Locate Preferences in macOS
- macOS Big Sur compatible Macs List
- How to connect Airpods to Macbook Air or Pro?
- Display ls command file sizes in KB (kilobytes) MB (megabytes) or GB (gigabytes) [Linux/macOS]
- [macOS] Change homepage Macbook Safari Browser
- [Vi/Vim] How to move cursor to the start of a line
- bash: command not found error [macOS Terminal Linux, Unix or Windows]
- Set Python 3.8 as a default python version on macOS
- 30+ Zoom video communications application shortcuts for macOS
- say command macOS terminal examples
- Mac (macos) startup keyboard boot sequence combinations
- Cut, Copy and Paste keyboard commands on mac
- How to press shortcut CTRL + ALT + DEL on Windows Remote Desktop - HowTos
- How to Change or Set a new Password for your Wi-Fi Router - HowTos
- Sign in as different user missing in SharePoint 2013 - SharePoint
- Calculate Area of Parallelogram - C-Program
- Spotlight Search file path location on Mac OS X Mavericks or Yosemite - Mac-OS-X
- JSON with PHP Example: JSON Tutorial - Json-Tutorial
- List of Code Snippets/Templates to Eclipse IDE - Eclipse
- appcompat_v7 errors after updates to API level 21 Material Theme - Android
- Add Custom header and footer to Windows Notepad file - NotepadPlusPlus
- Android Studio 4.2 Canary 1 now available - Android-Studio
- Bypass domain name for IIS site (SharePoint) - SharePoint
- PHP Base64 encoding decoding a variable - PHP
- How to create SharePoint List Item programmatically - SharePoint
- How to place two div elements next to each other - CSS
- Change default language highlighting in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus