If you purchased a new Mac device (Macbook, iMac, Mac mini) and trying to run java or javac command in Terminal you will get the below error as there is no Java Runtime pre-installed.
code2care@mac ~ % java The operation couldn’t be completed. Unable to locate a Java Runtime. Please visit http://www.java.com for information on installing Java. code2care@mac ~ % javac The operation couldn’t be completed. Unable to locate a Java Runtime. Please visit http://www.java.com for information on installing Java.
You need to visit http://www.java.com and download java dmg setup and install.
Note: Native M1 Oracle Java is not yet available for MacBooks/Mac Mini's that are running on Apple Silicon M1 Chips, this setup will work using Rosetta 2 - which will convert the code for you!
Intel-based Mac running Mac OS X 10.7.3 (Lion) or later.
Update: You can install Open JDK that natively supports M1 Mac's : https://code2care.org/q/install-native-java-jdk-jre-on-apple-silicon-m1-mac
- Open New Terminal Window Using Keyboard Shortcut macOS
- How to Refresh Mac Desktop
- How to remove app from Dock when closed [macOS Big Sur]
- WARNING: Python 2.7 is not recommended [macOS Big Sur]
- Terminal Command to get the list of available shells in macOS
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari
- Youtube spacebar not working in search on macOS Safari
- How to refresh Safari on Mac (macOS) using keyboard shortcut
- How to know your Mac Screen Resolution?
- Disable Startup Sound on macOS
- bash: command not found error [macOS Terminal Linux, Unix or Windows]
- Test internet speed using macOS Terminal command
- How to hide or display Wifi icon in macOS Bug Sur Menu Bar
- Limit scrollback rows in macOS Terminal
- [macOS] Change homepage Macbook Safari Browser
- wget Command on macOS Terminal
- How to install Java on macOS [Big Sur]
- How to increase macOS Terminal text font size (Big Sur)
- How to check zsh installed version using terminal
- This operation couldnt be completed. Unable to locate a Java Runtime. [macOS]
- ls: .: Operation not permitted - Mac Big Sur Terminal Zsh Error
- How to install maven in macOS using Terminal Command
- How to open new tabs macOS Terminal
- How to uninstall GarageBand from Mac
- How to Restart Mac using Terminal Command
- Flash Player will no longer be supported after December 2020. Turn off [Google Chrome] - Chrome
- SharePoint Server 2016 setup error - A system restart from a previous installation or update is pending. Restart your computer and run setup to continue. - SharePoint
- Disabling Spell Check in Android Studio - Android-Studio
- Turn on off volume change button sounds Mac OS X - Mac-OS-X
- How to remove old 404 pages ulrs from Google crawler - Html