If you are using M1 Macbook or Mac mini computer, you must have noticed that Java from Oracle is not yet build for M1 Silicon chip yet! So if you install Java from Oracle it will work but not natively - it will make use of Rosetta 2, you would see that the performance will take a hit.
If you want to run Java JDK or JRE natively on M1 Mac you can make use of Azul Zulu Builds for Java JDK/JREs,
- Go to: https://www.azul.com/downloads/zulu-community/?package=jdk if you want to install JDK or https://www.azul.com/downloads/zulu-community/?package=jre to install JRE.
- Select Java Version: (8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
- Select Operating Sytem: macOS
- Select Architecture: ARM-64
- You will get links to download the setup as zip/dmg/tar.gz format - download anyone you prefer.
If you download the dmg package the installation is quite simple - Double click on Zulu.dmg file and on the popup click on "Double-Click to install Zulu X.x.x.x and follow the installation.
Note: Java will be installed at /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/ example if you install Java 11 - /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/zulu-11.jdk
- [macOS] NetBeans IDE cannot be installed. Java (JRE) found on your computer but JDK XX or newer is required.
- Zsh Shell: Custom alias that you may find useful
- How to switch from bash to zsh shell in macOS Terminal
- [Solution] macOS could not be installed on your computer OSInstall.mpkg appears to be missing or damaged
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari
- How to install Java on macOS [Big Sur]
- Move from Zsh to Bash shell macOS
- WARNING: Python 2.7 is not recommended [macOS Big Sur]
- This operation couldnt be completed. Unable to locate a Java Runtime. [macOS]
- How to do calculations in Mac Terminal
- This class should be public (android.support.v7.internal.widget.ActionBarView.HomeView) Lint Error - Android
- Eclipse : The type java.lang.CharSequence cannot be resolved. Indirectly referenced from required .class files - Java
- Your Android SDK is out of date or is missing templates. Please ensure you are using SDK version 22 or later. - Android
- How to repeat tile background image in Android Activity - Android
- How to change Android Button Color using xml attribute and programatically using java - Android
- Maven : java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Xmx512m - Android
- How to Get or Set SharePoint Document ID _dlc_DocId using PowerShell - SharePoint
- How to find AUTO_INCREMENT fileds value in mysql table - MySQL
- Unable to connect to the Internet : Google Chrome - Chrome
- java.io.IOException: Unable to locate resource handler.properties - Java
- Redirect page using jQuery - jQuery
- Android Studio : Build Tools 23.0.0 rc1 is deprecated - Android-Studio
- Eclipse : This version of the rendering library is more recent than your version of ADT plug-in. Please update ADT plug-in - Eclipse