If you are using M1 Macbook or Mac mini computer, you must have noticed that Java from Oracle is not yet build for M1 Silicon chip yet! So if you install Java from Oracle it will work but not natively - it will make use of Rosetta 2, you would see that the performance will take a hit.
If you want to run Java JDK or JRE natively on M1 Mac you can make use of Azul Zulu Builds for Java JDK/JREs,
- Go to: https://www.azul.com/downloads/zulu-community/?package=jdk if you want to install JDK or https://www.azul.com/downloads/zulu-community/?package=jre to install JRE.
- Select Java Version: (8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15)
- Select Operating Sytem: macOS
- Select Architecture: ARM-64
- You will get links to download the setup as zip/dmg/tar.gz format - download anyone you prefer.
If you download the dmg package the installation is quite simple - Double click on Zulu.dmg file and on the popup click on "Double-Click to install Zulu X.x.x.x and follow the installation.
Note: Java will be installed at /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/ example if you install Java 11 - /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/zulu-11.jdk
- How to load zsh profile on opening shell terminal
- Set Python 3.8 as a default python version on macOS
- Show CPU and Memory Usage on macOS Menu Bar
- How to save macOS Terminal outputs as text file
- How to install wget on macOS
- Display ls command file sizes in KB (kilobytes) MB (megabytes) or GB (gigabytes) [Linux/macOS]
- How to Change Mouse Wheel Scroll Direction on Mac
- macOS R installation steps
- How to open terminal on Mac to run commands
- How to know your Mac Screen Resolution?
- Safari - Get HTTP Request Response Headers
- Opening mac Terminal
- bash: command not found error [macOS Terminal Linux, Unix or Windows]
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari
- How to check RAM details on Mac?
- How to install Java on macOS [Big Sur]
- How to Display Analog Clock on Mac Menu Bar
- How to remove app from Dock when closed [macOS Big Sur]
- How to add to PATH in macOS Big Sur
- Keyboard Shortcut to delete a file on a Mac [Macbook]
- How to increase macOS Terminal text font size (Big Sur)
- Permanently set $PATH variable in Mac Zsh shell
- Delete a Directory using Mac Terminal Command
- Remove Now Playing icon from macOS Big Sur Menu Bar
- How to find files taking up space on your Mac
- Fix NVIDIA GeForce Experience ERROR CODE 0x0003 - HowTos
- How to add Back Button on Toolbar in Android [Tutorial] - Android
- MO229507 UK Europe users cannot access Microsoft 365 - SharePoint, OneDrive, Teams, Admin center, Planner, Yammer - Microsoft
- -bash: startup.sh: command not found - Apache Tomcat 8 - Tomcat
- SharePoint error - Your organization doesn't allow sharing with users from this domain. Please contact your IT department for help. (OSE403) - SharePoint