If you have applied conditional formatting to the data in an Excel Spreadsheet and you want to remove only the conditional formatting, keeping other formatting intact, then follow the below steps,
- Open the Excel Spreadsheet.
- Now select all the cells from which you want to remove only the conditional formatting.
- Now under Home tab, click on the "Conditional Formatting" dropdown and go to Clear Rules -> Clear Rules from Selected Cells.
- That's it!
Let's take a look at an example.
As you may see, I have conditional formatting in red color for the data where text is equal to the letter "a", and there are other cells highlighting with different colors but they are not conditional highlighting.
As you can see in the above screenshot, a post I cleared the rules from selected cells what remained is the normal highlighting.
Note: If you want to remove conditional formatting from the entire Sheet then choose "Clear Rules from Entire Sheet"
Note: This example is demonstrated on Excel for Mac, but the process remains the same for Excel for Microsoft Windows as well.
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- Lost your iPhone? Regenerate QR Code for Microsoft Authenticator App
- What is Microsoft 365 Message You are using more licenses on your trial than what you will purchase once the free trial ends.
- Power BI error Something went wrong, unable to read the application metadata
- How to save a file as csv in Windows Notepad?
- You're not on Teams yet, but you can set it up for your organization. [Microsoft Teams Login Error]
- Fix- Microsoft Word Pages Appear Black
- How To Remove Only Conditional Formatting in Excel
- How to record PowerPoint slide show presentation on Mac - narration, slide timings, ink gestures
- Fix 0x80070194 Error When Opening Microsoft OneDrive File
- 0xCAA20003: You ran into an authorization problem. [Microsoft]
- PowerShell git: The term git is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet
- Remove mailto link from Microsoft 365 Word Document Email Text
- How to take a screenshot on Microsoft Windows OS on PC or Laptop
- How to Force Quit Microsoft Excel Application on Mac
- [fix] Microsoft Error Code 0x80004005 - Unspecified error
- How to Delete a Sheet in Excel on Mac
- How to add Business Users using Microsoft 365 Admin Center
- [Microsoft Teams 4c7] Modern authentication failed here, but you'll still be able to sign in. Your status code is 4c7 error
- Fix Microsoft Store Error Code: 0x80072EFD
- How to add Data Analysis Add-in in Excel on Mac
- How to Select Two Separate Columns in Excel on Mac
- Internet Explorer browser auto redirect to Microsoft Edge for compatibility with modern web sites
- How to Create Absolute References in Microsoft Excel for Mac
- What is FCM Messages Test Notification! [Microsoft Teams] [Google Hangouts]
- How to Sync Microsoft Teams Calendar with Mac Calendar
- Error: Safari quit unexpectedly. Problem Report for Safari - MacOS
- Python: Fix - TypeError: NoneType object is not iterable - Python
- Mac: Turn off Auto Capitalization of Words - MacOS
- Managed Metadata error - The data returned from the tagging UI was not formatted correctly - SharePoint
- Clear SFTP Prompt Screen on macOS Terminal - MacOS
- [Eclipse] Syntax error, annotations are only available if source level is 1.5 or greater - Eclipse
- Bash: Allow Command to Fail without exiting Script - Bash