NetBeans IDE cannot be installed. Java (JRE) found on your computer but JDK 11 or newer is required. Please download and install the latest update of JDK 11 from http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/index.html and restart NetBeans installation.
If you are using a macOS (Catalina, Big Sur e.t.c) and trying to use install and run Netbeans IDE and get the above error, then there are few steps you can try to fix this issue,
- Open the netbeans.conf file in Text Editor,
- Look for netbeans_jdkhome,
- Change its value to your Home dir of jdk,
- Restart your Mac device.
⚡️ You should fine the conf file under: /Applications/ NetBeans/ NetBeans XX.XX.app/ Contents/ Resources/ NetBeans/ etc/ netbeans.conf
❗️ If this does not work, you might have to reinstall Java, I have often seen over the years that after upgrading macOS installed Java JDK being affected.
- How to find files taking up space on your Mac
- How to open new tabs macOS Terminal
- Encode or Decode Base64 String using Mac Terminal Command
- How to take a screenshot on a Mac? (updated for macOS Monterey 2022)
- [macOS] NetBeans IDE cannot be installed. Java (JRE) found on your computer but JDK XX or newer is required.
- How to know your Mac Screen Resolution?
- How to make macOS Terminal window Transparent (or Opaque)
- [macOS] Change homepage Macbook Safari Browser
- Cut, Copy and Paste keyboard commands on mac
- Shutdown Mac Terminal Command
- Zsh Shell: Custom alias that you may find useful
- How to uninstall GarageBand from Mac
- How to Refresh Mac Desktop
- How to fix command not found brew (bash, zsh) on macOS Terminal
- How to Right Click on Mac Desktop?
- How to remove app from Dock when closed [macOS Big Sur]
- How to display directory tree in Mac Terminal
- [Eclipse] Locate Preferences in macOS
- How to save webpage as pdf using macOS Safari
- Set Python 3.8 as a default python version on macOS
- 10 Beginners Commands for macOS Terminal Usage
- Display Seconds in Digital Clock on Mac Menu Bar [macOS]
- [Solution] macOS Big Sur Installation: There is not enough free space, Additional Space Required
- How to search (find) in macOS Terminal Console Text
- How to come out of dquote prompt in Terminal - macOS/Linux
- Difference between using Scanner Class and String args for user input in Java - Java
- New-SPLogFile PowerShell - create new SharePoint log file - SharePoint
- Maven : java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Xmx512m - Android
- Find Difference of two numbers - C-Program
- How to take user input from the console in a Python program - Python
- How to start or open a new bourne-again shell (bash) session on Windows using Command Line CMD - Bash
- How to Import External Jars to Android Studio Project - Android-Studio
- Exception in thread main java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: package javaClass - Java