As a developer to test a webpage on Edge Browser, you would need to make use of the Microsoft Edge console devTool to achieve the following,
- To see console logs of a webpage to identify problems in your code.
- To make use of the rich command line interface that lets you do powerful stuff to make web project development easy .
How to Open Microsoft Edge Developer Console
- Be on the webpage you want to see the Developer Console on,
- Right-Click and Select Inspect,
- Now you would see Tabs at the top where you should see console if not click on the >> to select it from the drop-down.
- You can move to any tab and refresh the page to reload the console logs for that page.
Keyboard shortcut to open Console
Windows: Control + Shift + J
MacOS: Command + Option + J
Example 1: Calculations
We just tried adding 100+250 and before you prompt enter, in real-time you see the result 350.
document.getElementById("heading') returned the tag where Id is heading on the page. This is really very powerful as you can even call functions and change the code dynamically to test your functionality.
This is not an AI-generated article but is demonstrated by a human on an M1 Mac running macOS Sonoma 14.0.
Please support independent contributors like Code2care by donating a coffee.
Buy me a coffee!
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- Lost your iPhone? Regenerate QR Code for Microsoft Authenticator App
- What is Microsoft 365 Message You are using more licenses on your trial than what you will purchase once the free trial ends.
- Power BI error Something went wrong, unable to read the application metadata
- How to save a file as csv in Windows Notepad?
- You're not on Teams yet, but you can set it up for your organization. [Microsoft Teams Login Error]
- Fix- Microsoft Word Pages Appear Black
- How To Remove Only Conditional Formatting in Excel
- How to record PowerPoint slide show presentation on Mac - narration, slide timings, ink gestures
- Fix 0x80070194 Error When Opening Microsoft OneDrive File
- 0xCAA20003: You ran into an authorization problem. [Microsoft]
- PowerShell git: The term git is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet
- Remove mailto link from Microsoft 365 Word Document Email Text
- How to take a screenshot on Microsoft Windows OS on PC or Laptop
- How to Force Quit Microsoft Excel Application on Mac
- [fix] Microsoft Error Code 0x80004005 - Unspecified error
- How to Delete a Sheet in Excel on Mac
- How to add Business Users using Microsoft 365 Admin Center
- [Microsoft Teams 4c7] Modern authentication failed here, but you'll still be able to sign in. Your status code is 4c7 error
- Fix Microsoft Store Error Code: 0x80072EFD
- How to add Data Analysis Add-in in Excel on Mac
- How to Select Two Separate Columns in Excel on Mac
- Internet Explorer browser auto redirect to Microsoft Edge for compatibility with modern web sites
- How to Create Absolute References in Microsoft Excel for Mac
- What is FCM Messages Test Notification! [Microsoft Teams] [Google Hangouts]
- How to Sync Microsoft Teams Calendar with Mac Calendar
- Git Fix: fatal: refusing to merge unrelated histories Error - Git
- [Fix] Instant java.time.temporal.UnsupportedTemporalTypeException: Unsupported unit: Years - Java
- Installing and using unzip Command to unzip a zip file using Terminal - Linux
- [Fix] Cannot connect to Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 18456 - Microsoft
- Check if a Java Date String is Valid or Not (Java 8) - Java
- Java Split String by Spaces - Java
- Tutorial Java SOAP WebServices JAS-WS with Eclipse J2EE IDE and Tomcat Server Part 1 - Java
- Fix: ZSH: cd: too many arguments (macOS) - zsh