In order to run commands on a Mac running macOS, you can make use of the built-in Terminal application. There are multiple ways in which you can open the Terminal on Mac,
Open Terminal App using Spotlight Search:
- Press F4 Key to open Sportlight Search, if you are using the latest M1 Macbooks, or click on the search icon on the Apple Menu bar,
- Type Terminal
- Terminal App will be loaded.
Open Terminal App using Finder:
- Open Finder,
- Go to Applications from Favorites section,
- Look for Terminal.
- Double tap to open.
Open Terminal App Keyboard Shortcut:
- Press Command + Spacebar keys to open Spotlight Search,
- Type Terminal and press Enter,
Now that the terminal window is open - you can type in your commands to do your desired work.
Example of a command: Type cal and press enter, you should see the current calendar month with the current date selected.
- Open New Terminal Window Using Keyboard Shortcut macOS
- How to Refresh Mac Desktop
- How to remove app from Dock when closed [macOS Big Sur]
- WARNING: Python 2.7 is not recommended [macOS Big Sur]
- Terminal Command to get the list of available shells in macOS
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari
- Youtube spacebar not working in search on macOS Safari
- How to refresh Safari on Mac (macOS) using keyboard shortcut
- How to know your Mac Screen Resolution?
- Disable Startup Sound on macOS
- bash: command not found error [macOS Terminal Linux, Unix or Windows]
- Test internet speed using macOS Terminal command
- How to hide or display Wifi icon in macOS Bug Sur Menu Bar
- Limit scrollback rows in macOS Terminal
- [macOS] Change homepage Macbook Safari Browser
- wget Command on macOS Terminal
- How to install Java on macOS [Big Sur]
- How to increase macOS Terminal text font size (Big Sur)
- How to check zsh installed version using terminal
- This operation couldnt be completed. Unable to locate a Java Runtime. [macOS]
- ls: .: Operation not permitted - Mac Big Sur Terminal Zsh Error
- How to install maven in macOS using Terminal Command
- How to open new tabs macOS Terminal
- How to uninstall GarageBand from Mac
- How to Restart Mac using Terminal Command
- Notepad++ insert a blank line above or below the current line example - NotepadPlusPlus
- How to remove or uninstall Java from Ubuntu using apt-get - Linux
- CSS Media Query Tutorial for Responsive Mobile First Web Design - CSS
- Add newline character Java code example (\r \n \r\n) - Java
- Notepad++ delete lines above or below - NotepadPlusPlus