In order to run commands on a Mac running macOS, you can make use of the built-in Terminal application. There are multiple ways in which you can open the Terminal on Mac,
Open Terminal App using Spotlight Search:
- Press F4 Key to open Sportlight Search, if you are using the latest M1 Macbooks, or click on the search icon on the Apple Menu bar,
- Type Terminal
- Terminal App will be loaded.
Open Terminal App using Finder:
- Open Finder,
- Go to Applications from Favorites section,
- Look for Terminal.
- Double tap to open.
Open Terminal App Keyboard Shortcut:
- Press Command + Spacebar keys to open Spotlight Search,
- Type Terminal and press Enter,
Now that the terminal window is open - you can type in your commands to do your desired work.
Example of a command: Type cal and press enter, you should see the current calendar month with the current date selected.
- How to check Command Line Tools Version [Updated for Ventura]
- Trigger Notification Center Message using Mac Terminal Command
- [macOS] How to search or view previous terminal command history
- Show/Hide Hidden Files and Directories on Mac Finder
- How to clear Mac Terminal screen
- Setting JAVA_HOME in macOS Big Sur
- How to find files taking up space on your Mac
- How to Show Battery percentage on Big Sur Menu Bar
- How to uninstall Microsoft Outlook on Mac
- Move from Zsh to Bash shell macOS
- Install Native Golang on M1/M2 ARM based Mac
- Shutdown Mac Terminal Command
- How to Refresh Mac Desktop
- How to Set Background Wallpaper on macOS 13 Ventura
- The Zsh Shell - Mac Tutorial
- Installing brew on M1/M2 ARM Mac
- Display Seconds in Digital Clock on Mac Menu Bar [macOS]
- How to Increase Mac Terminal Buffer Size
- Add Sketch from iPhone to MacBook with macOS Monterey
- How to view the desktop when using macOS Stage Manager?
- [fix] App store not working on Mac, Blank Black or White Screen
- [fix] How to Show file extensions on all files on Mac
- Limit scrollback rows in macOS Terminal
- How to open terminal on Mac to run commands
- Set Custom Background Wallpaper on Mac Terminal (macOS Ventura)
- MySQL Error :1007 SQLSTATE: HY000 (ER_DB_CREATE_EXISTS) Message: Can't create database '%s'; database exists - MySQL
- 86 Gmail keyboard shortcuts that you may find Advantageous - Google
- Are Windows Notepad files recoverable? - NotepadPlusPlus
- error CAML Query containing special characters - SharePoint
- Java get day of the week as an int using DayOfWeek - Java
- How to ls command to output one entry per line [macOS/Linux/Bash] - Linux
- Install RabbitMQ on Docker - Docker
- Android Emulator Soft Back button action using Computer keyboard - Android