In order to run commands on a Mac running macOS, you can make use of the built-in Terminal application. There are multiple ways in which you can open the Terminal on Mac,
Open Terminal App using Spotlight Search:
- Press F4 Key to open Sportlight Search, if you are using the latest M1 Macbooks, or click on the search icon on the Apple Menu bar,
- Type Terminal
- Terminal App will be loaded.
Open Terminal App using Finder:
- Open Finder,
- Go to Applications from Favorites section,
- Look for Terminal.
- Double tap to open.
Open Terminal App Keyboard Shortcut:
- Press Command + Spacebar keys to open Spotlight Search,
- Type Terminal and press Enter,
Now that the terminal window is open - you can type in your commands to do your desired work.
Example of a command: Type cal and press enter, you should see the current calendar month with the current date selected.
- Anonymous: How do I open two tabs in the terminal?
07 Aug 2121 11:12:23 GMT
- Further comments disabled!
More Posts related to MacOS,
- Opening mac Terminal
- How to change default macOS Terminal Window size
- How to clear Mac Terminal screen
- Find Hostname of Mac running on macOS Ventura 13
- Installing MongoDB on Linux/Unix/macOS/Ubuntu
- How to switch from bash to zsh shell in macOS Terminal
- Limit scrollback rows in macOS Terminal
- How to Set Background Wallpaper on macOS 13 Ventura
- This operation couldnt be completed. Unable to locate a Java Runtime. [macOS]
- Encode or Decode Base64 String using Mac Terminal Command
- List of All Apple Silicon ARM Based M1/M2 Mac [updated Oct 2022)
- How to remove Siri from Menu Bar [macOS Big Sur]
- Must Know Homebrew Commands for Mac/Linux Users
- Hide Keyboard Text Input Icon on macOS Ventura Menu Bar
- 13.0 MacOS Ventura release date
- How to change the default location of Mac Screenshot
- How to set Out Of Office (OOO) on Outlook for Mac
- 30+ Zoom video communications application shortcuts for macOS
- How to install wget on macOS
- Mac turn dark mode on or off using terminal command
- Create Symbolic Link using Terminal Command
- Mac - How to Install VirtualBox
- How to Enable or Disable Dark Mode on macOS Ventura 13
- How to install homebrew (brew) on M1 Mac
- How to uninstall Microsoft Outlook on Mac
- How to Apply Themes to Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- How to enable Do Not Disturb mode for Notification Center in Mac OS X 10.10 Yosemite - Mac-OS-X
- Fix: Unsupported Java. Your build is currently configured to use Java 17.0.5 and Gradle 7.1. - Gradle
- [fix] docker exec requires at least 2 arguments - Docker
- Convert Java List to Json String using Jackson - Java
- Fix SharePoint PowerShell error - The term Get-SPweb is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet function script file or operable program - SharePoint
- PowerShell git: The term git is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet - Microsoft
- How to remove blank lines from a file using Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus