If you have a PowerShell Script and you want to comment out a certain code line or a block, then you can achieve it using,
|#||To comment single line of code.|
|<# multiple lines of code #>||To comment out a block of code.|
Let's take a look at both of them using examples.
Example 1: Comment single line of code
# no = 20 $number = 30 Write-Host "The number is: $number"
Example 2: Comment Block of code
<# $no1 = 10 $no2 = 20 $no3 = 30 Write-Host "The number is: $no1" #> Write-Host "Above 3 lines of code is commented out!"
Above 3 lines of code is commented out!
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
More Posts related to Powershell,
- PowerShell: How to Check if a Module is Already Installed
- PowerShell: How to Write Output to a File
- PowerShell: Steps to Connect to connect to Exchange Online
- PowerShell Fix: Get-Help cannot find the Help files for this cmdlet on this computer
- PowerShell Traditional For Loop Example
- How to Run PowerShell Script as Administrator (Elevate)
- Update Powershell Using Command Line
- How to delete a file using PowerShell [Windows/macOS]
- PowerShell: Grep Command Alternative - Select-String
- PowerShell Concatenate String Examples
- How to add Sleep to PowerShell Script
- Connect Azure AD (Active Directory) for PowerShell
- How to Open PowerShell on Mac?
- List of PowerShell Function Commands for Mac
- How to Connect to Azure AD Account using PowerShell on Mac
- Download Google Chrome setup exe file using PowerShell
- Set Environment Variable in PowerShell for Mac
- How to switch to Powershell on Mac Terminal
- How to add sleep in Powershell Script
- PowerShell on Mac: The term get-service is not recognized as a name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or executable program
- How to Identify installed PowerShell version
- How to check PowerShell version
- How to install PowerShell on Mac using Brew
- PowerShell Switch Statement with Examples
- PowerShell ISE Alternative for Mac
- Cannot open or preview pdf with view only and restricted download access in Microsoft Teams - Teams
- Fix SharePoint 2019 installation error This product requires Visual C++ Redistributable Package for Visual Studio 2017 - SharePoint
- How to know the current version of Java - Java
- How to install Postman natively on a Mac - HowTos
- How to Manage Profile Picture on Microsoft Teams - Teams
- Spring Boot JDBCTemplate Upsert Example (batch insert or update if exists) - Java
- How to display date and time in GMT Timezone in Java - Java
- bash: netstat: command not found - Bash