% adb devices zsh: command not found: adb
If you are trying to run a adb command on the Mac Terminal and you get the error "zsh command not found adb" then the most common issue reasons for this is as follows.
Reasons for the error
- You are not running the adb command-line tool from the directory its located in.
- The adb path is not set in the .zshrc profile file.
Make sure you are inside the location where adb tool is located.Example:
% cd ~/Library/Android/sdk/platform-tools % ./adb version Android Debug Bridge version 1.0.41 Version 34.0.4-10411341 Installed as /Users/c2ctechtv/Library/Android/sdk/platform-tools/adb Running on Darwin 23.0.0 (arm64)
Its better to add this path to the .zshrc file.
- Open .zshrc file.
- Add the below line to the zshrc file.
- Control + X and Y followed by Enter to save changes to the file (if using Nano)
- Run source ~/.zshrc to apply changes
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- Clear Screen shortcut macOS Terminal
- What is macOS Ventura?
- [fix] How to Show file extensions on all files on Mac
- How to Find Where Mac Terminal App is Located?
- AutoSave button not working on Office on Mac (Word, Excel or Powerpoint)
- macOS say command text to speech using various voices and languages
- How to change Ping TTL value on macOS
- Open .bash_profile File in TextEdit using Terminal
- How to know the Safari Version on Mac
- How to Copy full Absolute Path of a File on Mac
- 13.0 MacOS Ventura release date
- Enable spell check in Sublime Text (macOS)
- How to Display Analog Clock on Mac Menu Bar
- How to turn off Location Services macOS Ventura 13
- How to Open VS Code on Mac
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari
- How to Fix cd: too many arguments Error in Terminal: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How to install wget on macOS
- Select Line Number TextEdit on Mac
- Strikethrough Text in Excel for Mac
- How to Enable or Disable Dark Mode on macOS Ventura 13
- How to hide or display Wifi icon in macOS Bug Sur Menu Bar
- How to install Yarn on Mac (macOS)
- How to fix command not found brew (bash, zsh) on macOS Terminal
- How to Schedule Mails in macOS Ventura
- Simple Login Page using Bootstrap - Bootstrap
- How to hide or display Wifi icon in macOS Bug Sur Menu Bar - MacOS
- Cant find System Preferences... under macOS Ventura Apple Menu? - MacOS
- How to enter Rockstar Activation Code? - HowTos
- Obsolete marquee element alternatives html5 - Html
- Fix: zsh: command not found: adb (Android) - MacOS
- Increase Font Size of Eclipse Java Code - Eclipse
- How to add Sleep to PowerShell Script - Powershell