If you for ways to install Windows 11 on your M1/M2 ARM Apple Silicon Mac/Macbook, you can make use of the below two apps.
Step 1: UTM - Virtual Machine App for Mac
The first thing you do is download and install the free Virtual Machine app called UTM from https://mac.getutm.app
Step 2: CrystalFetch - Create Windows ISOs for macOS
The CrystalFetch can be downloaded from the App Store on macOS for free. It can be used to create Windows® 11 installer ISO images. Once you download the iso It can be used with UTM virtual machines.
You can download iso's for both Windows 10/11 and Apple Silicon or Intel based Macs.
Steps to install Windows 10/11 on macOS
- Download and install the UTM app on your Mac.
- Download the Windows 10/11 installer ISO using CrystalFetch.
- Open UTM and click the "+" button to create a new VM.
- Choose "Virtualize" and select "Windows."
- Make sure "Import VHDX Image" is unchecked and "Install Windows 10 or higher" is checked.
- Also, check "Install drivers and SPICE tools" and click "Browse" to select the ISO from step 2.
- Set the desired RAM and CPU core allocation and click "Next."
- Specify the maximum drive space to allocate and click "Next."
- Click "Save" to create the VM. Wait for guest tools to finish downloading, then click the "Run" button to start the VM.
This is not an AI-generated article but is demonstrated by a human on an M1 Mac running macOS Sonoma 14.0.
Please support independent contributors like Code2care by donating a coffee.
Buy me a coffee!
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- Clear Screen shortcut macOS Terminal
- What is macOS Ventura?
- [fix] How to Show file extensions on all files on Mac
- How to Find Where Mac Terminal App is Located?
- AutoSave button not working on Office on Mac (Word, Excel or Powerpoint)
- macOS say command text to speech using various voices and languages
- How to change Ping TTL value on macOS
- Open .bash_profile File in TextEdit using Terminal
- How to know the Safari Version on Mac
- How to Copy full Absolute Path of a File on Mac
- 13.0 MacOS Ventura release date
- Enable spell check in Sublime Text (macOS)
- How to Display Analog Clock on Mac Menu Bar
- How to turn off Location Services macOS Ventura 13
- How to Open VS Code on Mac
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari
- How to Fix cd: too many arguments Error in Terminal: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How to install wget on macOS
- Select Line Number TextEdit on Mac
- Strikethrough Text in Excel for Mac
- How to Enable or Disable Dark Mode on macOS Ventura 13
- How to hide or display Wifi icon in macOS Bug Sur Menu Bar
- How to install Yarn on Mac (macOS)
- How to fix command not found brew (bash, zsh) on macOS Terminal
- How to Schedule Mails in macOS Ventura
- How to Sync Microsoft Teams Calendar with Mac Calendar - Microsoft
- Android Emulator] ##KBD: Full queue, lose event Error Logs - Android
- How to Screenshot on Mac Ventura 13 - Step by Step Guide - MacOS
- How to use HashTags # correctly on Social Media Facebook Twitter - HowTos
- How to add duration to Android Toast makeText method - Android
- How to Stop Screen Recording on Mac - MacOS
- Android Studio : Connection Error : Failed to download patch file - Android-Studio
- How to copy file name and path to clipboard in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus