If you want to reload the zsh shell profile once you have made changes to the .zshrc file, make use of the source command.
The source command can be used in Unix-like operating systems to execute the contents of a shell script within the current shell environment, rather than launching a new shell to run the script.
Steps to reload zsh profile
- Make sure you are in the zsh shell, if not just type zsh in Terminal and hit enter.
- Now run the below command,
% source ~/.zshrc
Once you run the source command followed by the location of zshrc file the zsh shell will be reloaded with the updated environment. Any changes you made to your configuration file will take effect immediately.
Note: if the file .zshrc is not present you will get en error.
source: no such file or directory: /Users/user/.zshrc
Have Questions? Post them here!
- How to make zsh as the default shell on Ubuntu
- Resolve - zsh: command not found: code
- Fix - zsh: command not found: conda [macOS]
- zsh: command not found [fix] macOS
- Setting up Zsh Syntax Highlighting
- Fix for zsh: command not found: brew
- Fix zsh: permission denied: script.sh
- [fix] zsh: illegal hardware instruction python TensorFlow M1/M2 Mac
- How to clear ZSH history of commands executed on Mac Terminal
- Ubuntu zsh: command not found: nano
- How to reload zsh shell profile file?
- macOS Ventura 13: The default interactive shell is now zsh
- zsh: exec format error eclipse M1 Mac
- Your JBoss Application Server 7 is running However you have not yet added any users to be able to access the admin console - Java
- [Android] Sharing Multiple Images to Twitter App from your App - Twitter
- Parse XML file in Java using DOM Parser - Java
- Java Program to generate random string - Java
- FileZilla Connection time out Failed to retrieve directory listing - FTP
- How to Install Git on Windows - Git
- [fix] bash: ssh: command not found - Bash
- MySQL #6 - Error on delete of './my-database/db.opt' (Errcode: 13 - Permission denied) - MySQL