Microsoft will be rolling out its most anticipated feature "Breakout Rooms" for its Microsoft 365 Tenants and plan to complete it by November 2020, which is delayed delivery earlier planned for October 2020.
Breakout rooms are generally available in Microsoft Teams now.
Microsoft 365 Roadmap - Virtual Breakout Rooms 65332
Introduce breakout room functionality - UserVoice
Microsoft Teams - Virtual Breakout Rooms (Feature ID: 65332)
Meeting hosts can create breakout rooms to be used by meeting participants for smaller group discussion. They can assign participants to a room and call them back to the larger group when the breakout is complete. We anticipate delivering this feature no later than early Q4.
Tags: Microsoft Teams, GCC, Worldwide (Standard Multi-Tenant), General Availability
❓️ Where breakout rooms are useful ?Creating meaningful connections can be difficult in larger groups. Breakout rooms allow organizers to divide the meeting into sub-groups to facilitate discussions and brainstorming sessions.
Corporate Meetings - Meeting organizers can create virtual breakout rooms so they can split and assign participants to smaller groups for focused discussions and come back to the main room when done.
Teams for education - Teachers can create virtual breakout rooms so students can work within their smaller groups on a discussion or assignment, then easily be called back to the larger group.
Board Meetings - Host can create mini meeting rooms adding board members to relevant committee discussions and come back with their conclusion on a topic.
Human Resources - HR can create smaller brainstorming breakouts and split employees to brainstorm together and work on the given task together, and later return to the main room.
❓️ What is required to use breakout rooms ?
- Teams Admin needs to enable the required settings from Teams Admin Center.
- You need to be the Meeting Organizer. Presenters and attendees cannot provision yet.
- Works only with Teams Desktop Cleint App, Web or Mobile. Microsoft Teams Rooms do not have breakout room capabilities yet.
- Works only with the new Teams meeting experience. Enable here, Teams --> Settings --> General --> Check "Turn on new meeting experience".
- Be meeting organizer to record meetings, participants cannot.
❓️ How can universirty/school teachers and students use Breakout Rooms ?
- Breakout Rooms for university teachers and student work the same way as it works for organizational accounts.
- Educators can push students into the breakout rooms and pull them back to the main meeting.
- Students can be assigned to breakout rooms and they can join breakout rooms from Desktop/Mobile/Web.chat.
- Students can use the whiteboard or screen share if they are allowed.
- Same security policies and options apply to the breakout room.
⭐ Features of breakout rooms ?
- Works for organizational and external users.
- Create up to 50 rooms.
- Add upto 10 participants per room.
- Assign and organize participants manually or automatically.
- Start, open/close rooms.
- Move participants between rooms.
- Reopen rooms.
- Record, share files, sue whiteboars, capture notes, download attendance.
- Participants logged in from multiple devices will have all end points join the same breakout room.
- How to enable, create and use Virtual Breakout Rooms in Microsoft Teams
- Users experience call quality issue, voice distortion, disconnection with Microsoft Teams call and meeting
- How to disable Microsoft teams from startup Windows 10
- Cannot create new Microsoft Team using PowerShell, even as Admin
- Common Microsoft Teams sign in errors and how to fix
- How to Enable Dark Mode Theme in Microsoft Teams
- How to track and download Microsoft Teams meeting attendance report of participants/students
- Microsoft Teams Zoom In and Zoom Out Keyboard Shortcut
- Microsoft Teams meeting Full Screen mode option missing - bring it back
- Microsoft Teams enable or disable Spell check
- Android Images with Rounded Corners : ImageView - Android
- Save webpage as pdf in Google Chrome for Mac OS X - Mac-OS-X
- Change SharePoint search results FullTextSqlQuery RowLimit 10000 - SharePoint
- SharePoint Excel error - The workbook cannot be opened because it contains the following features that are not supported by Excel in the browser - SharePoint
- FileZilla Connection time out Failed to retrieve directory listing - FTP
- Tutorial Java SOAP WebServices JAS-WS with Eclipse J2EE IDE and Tomcat Server Part 1 - Java
- Android RatingBar Example - Android
- How to use Content Assist in Eclipse IDE - Eclipse
- List of Java Keywords - Java
- [Solutions] Android Error in an XML file: aborting build. Eclipse SDK - Android
- How to configure PDF iFilter for SharePoint - SharePoint
- Create simple struts2 project using maven commands - Java
- Change Height of Android ActionBar - Android
- How to enable disable SharePoint Developer Dashboard for tracing troubleshooting - SharePoint
- Eclipse: Updating Maven Project. Unsupported IClasspathEntry kind=4 - Eclipse