Microsot's collaboration platform "SharePoint" gives you a handy feature for bulk uploads, "Drag and Drop". This feature is available with both SharePoint Online and SharePoint on-premise versions (2010, 2013, 2016, 2019).
You can easily move files and folders by simply dragging and dropping to the SharePoint Document Library from Windows Explorer.
But did you come across a case where the "drag files here" option is missing for the SharePoint document library? If yes, then let's understand the problem and learn how to fix it.
Why drag and drop is missing in the SharePoint library?
SharePoint Online - The "drag files here" feature of SharePoint Online works with HTML5 and requires software that supports HTML5, the browser. So this should work with most of the latest browsers like Internet Explorer, EDGE, Chrome, Firefox, Safari.
SharePoint 2010/2013 - The "drag files and folders here" feature of Sharepoint 2010 and 2013 requires an ActiveX control named "STSupld.UploadCtl", which should be an updated version.
How to fix missing drag and drop in SharePoint library?
SharePoint Online - As this requires a browser with HTML5 support, install the latest version of the web browser. Or install Microsoft Office 2013 or SharePoint Designer 2013.
When Office 2013 or SharePoint Designer 2013 is installed on the client computer, it installs the SharePoint Drag/Upload Control.
SharePoint 2013 - Enable ActiveX Control STSUpld.UploadCtl via manage add-ons.
This depends on Microsoft Office 2013 feature, C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15\STSUPLD.DLL
SharePoint 2010 - Enable ActiveX Control STSUpld.UploadCtl via manage add-ons.
This depends on Microsoft Office 2010 feature, C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\STSUPLD.DLL
Have Questions? Post them here!
- PowerShell - How to use Try Catch Finally blocks for error exception handling (Windows/SharePoint)
- SharePoint List excel import - This table exceeds the maximum number of supported rows
- Update SharePoint Online List Item using REST API, HTML, Spfx, Postman
- Fix SharePoint Error - The Managed Metadata Service or Connection is currently not available. The Application Pool or Managed Metadata Web Service may not have been started
- SharePoint list excel import error - Title is a required filed and can't be empty
- Move Copy Migrate SharePoint OneDrive files folders to different site collection location
- Create SharePoint list from Excel spreadsheet and import table
- Send Email using SharePoint PowerShell command, SMTP server
- [Fix] Restricted View permission level missing in SharePoint Online site library
- How to get SharePoint List Item URL using PowerShell
- The service instance
- How to get the SharePoint Tenant Login URL
- New-SPLogFile PowerShell - create new SharePoint log file
- Not receiving email notification alert in SharePoint Online workflow - Power Automate, FLOW
- SharePoint Server 2016 Preview installation error - This Product Key isn't a valid Microsoft Office 2016 Product Key. Check that you've entered it correctly.
- How to change order of fields on new item form for SharePoint Online list
- Update Created By (Author) column of SharePoint document using PowerShell
- How to delete SharePoint Online List Item using REST API
- 'Edit Document' Requires a Windows Sharepoint Services-compatible application and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- Create SharePoint Site Collection using PowerShell New-SPSite
- How to customize SharePoint Modern list form using JSON formatting
- How to get SharePoint Online user details from person or group column using REST API
- SharePoint excel error - A problem occurred while connecting to the server. If the problem continues, contact your administrator.
- How to create SharePoint List Item programmatically using C#.net
- How to Get or Set SharePoint Document ID _dlc_DocId using PowerShell
- SharePoint error - Your organization doesn't allow sharing with users from this domain. Please contact your IT department for help. (OSE403) - SharePoint
- REST API to get all Jira projects - Postman, Basic Auth - Jira
- Transfer files between Android and Mac OS X using usb cable - Mac-OS-X
- How to install Python 3.11 on Mac - Python
- Installing Home-brew on Ubuntu - Ubuntu
- Officially Send WhatsApp message using webpage (html) - WhatsApp
- Default speed of Marquee tag : SCROLLAMOUNT - Html
- Toast not getting displayed Android App - Android