Microsot's collaboration platform "SharePoint" gives you a handy feature for bulk uploads, "Drag and Drop". This feature is available with both SharePoint Online and SharePoint on-premise versions (2010, 2013, 2016, 2019).
You can easily move files and folders by simply dragging and dropping to the SharePoint Document Library from Windows Explorer.
But did you come across a case where the "drag files here" option is missing for the SharePoint document library? If yes, then let's understand the problem and learn how to fix it.
Why drag and drop is missing in the SharePoint library?
SharePoint Online - The "drag files here" feature of SharePoint Online works with HTML5 and requires software that supports HTML5, the browser. So this should work with most of the latest browsers like Internet Explorer, EDGE, Chrome, Firefox, Safari.
SharePoint 2010/2013 - The "drag files and folders here" feature of Sharepoint 2010 and 2013 requires an ActiveX control named "STSupld.UploadCtl", which should be an updated version.
How to fix missing drag and drop in SharePoint library?
SharePoint Online - As this requires a browser with HTML5 support, install the latest version of the web browser. Or install Microsoft Office 2013 or SharePoint Designer 2013.
When Office 2013 or SharePoint Designer 2013 is installed on the client computer, it installs the SharePoint Drag/Upload Control.
SharePoint 2013 - Enable ActiveX Control STSUpld.UploadCtl via manage add-ons.
This depends on Microsoft Office 2013 feature, C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15\STSUPLD.DLL
SharePoint 2010 - Enable ActiveX Control STSUpld.UploadCtl via manage add-ons.
This depends on Microsoft Office 2010 feature, C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\STSUPLD.DLL
Have Questions? Post them here!
- Move Copy Migrate SharePoint OneDrive files folders to different site collection location
- How to generate client id and secret to register SharePoint App with OAuth
- How to share SharePoint site or document with all users in organization
- Get-ADUser PowerShell - Get AD user details using email address
- error CAML Query containing special characters
- Access URL for SharePoint Tenant Admin Center (Online Office 365)
- Fix SharePoint Error - The Managed Metadata Service or Connection is currently not available. The Application Pool or Managed Metadata Web Service may not have been started
- SharePoint - The URL is invalid. It may refer to a nonexistent file or folder, or refer to a valid file or folder that is not in the current Web.
- How to delete SharePoint List Item programmatically using C#.Net
- How to Share Microsoft SharePoint Site with Users or Groups
- JSON column formatting to preview SharePoint Online file on mouse hover
- SharePoint List redirect user after submitting form NewForm.aspx
- See actual SharePoint error exception modify web.config
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview Deprecated Removed features
- How to create SharePoint Document Library
- How to Get or Set SharePoint Document ID _dlc_DocId using PowerShell
- How to disable SharePoint subsite creation option for owners
- PowerShell - How to use Try Catch Finally blocks for error exception handling (Windows/SharePoint)
- SharePoint error - Your organization doesn't allow sharing with users from this domain. Please contact your IT department for help. (OSE403)
- [Solved] SharePoint Search Internal server error exception
- How to wrap column text in SharePoint Online Modern List Grid View using JSON formatting
- How to extend retiring SharePoint 2010 Workflows and continue with Office 365
- Changed AD user display name showing old name in SharePoint
- How to hide or remove quick launch left navigation from SharePoint Online Modern site page
- How to enable anonymous public access for SharePoint Online site collection, file, folder without login ?
- Test internet speed using macOS Terminal command - MacOS
- [Solved] Dynamic Web Module 3.0 requires Java 1.6 or newer Mac OSX - Mac-OS-X
- Save cURL Command Output to a external file - cURL
- [Android Studio] Could not automatically detect an ADB binary - Android-Studio
- How to Convert CSV file to SQL Script using Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- [Solved] SharePoint System.IO.FileNotFoundException was unhandled - SharePoint
- Disable Control Scroll Zoom-in and Zoom-out in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus