Microsot's collaboration platform "SharePoint" gives you a handy feature for bulk uploads, "Drag and Drop". This feature is available with both SharePoint Online and SharePoint on-premise versions (2010, 2013, 2016, 2019).
You can easily move files and folders by simply dragging and dropping to the SharePoint Document Library from Windows Explorer.
But did you come across a case where the "drag files here" option is missing for the SharePoint document library? If yes, then let's understand the problem and learn how to fix it.
Why drag and drop is missing in the SharePoint library?
SharePoint Online - The "drag files here" feature of SharePoint Online works with HTML5 and requires software that supports HTML5, the browser. So this should work with most of the latest browsers like Internet Explorer, EDGE, Chrome, Firefox, Safari.
SharePoint 2010/2013 - The "drag files and folders here" feature of Sharepoint 2010 and 2013 requires an ActiveX control named "STSupld.UploadCtl", which should be an updated version.
How to fix missing drag and drop in SharePoint library?
SharePoint Online - As this requires a browser with HTML5 support, install the latest version of the web browser. Or install Microsoft Office 2013 or SharePoint Designer 2013.
When Office 2013 or SharePoint Designer 2013 is installed on the client computer, it installs the SharePoint Drag/Upload Control.
SharePoint 2013 - Enable ActiveX Control STSUpld.UploadCtl via manage add-ons.
This depends on Microsoft Office 2013 feature, C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15\STSUPLD.DLL
SharePoint 2010 - Enable ActiveX Control STSUpld.UploadCtl via manage add-ons.
This depends on Microsoft Office 2010 feature, C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14\STSUPLD.DLL
Have Questions? Post them here!
- Managed Metadata error - The data returned from the tagging UI was not formatted correctly
- How to generate client id and secret to register SharePoint App with OAuth
- Create SharePoint Site Collection with new Content database in existing web application
- Fix Error 2711 SQL RBS client - The installer has encountered an unexpected error. The specified Feature name ('Docs') not found in Feature table
- How to exclude results from SharePoint Search
- 'Edit Document' Requires a Windows Sharepoint Services-compatible application and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- [Solved] SharePoint Access Denied error editing Document Name
- Recommended size and resolution for SharePoint Online Site logo
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview - new improved Features and Enhancements
- Restore deleted Office 365 SharePoint group site
- SharePoint An unexpected error has occurred - Correlation ID and PowerShell Merge-SPlogfile
- [Solved] SharePoint Search Internal server error exception
- SharePoint CAML query error - The XML source is not correct
- How to hide quick launch in SharePoint classic site
- Not receiving email notification alert in SharePoint Online workflow - Power Automate, FLOW
- Change SharePoint search results FullTextSqlQuery RowLimit 10000
- Fix Power BI error Access to the resource is forbidden when connecting SharePoint Online List as data source
- [Fix] Restricted View permission level missing in SharePoint Online site library
- How to upload file programmatically to SharePoint Document Library using Server Object Model C# .Net
- How to create classic site in SharePoint Online
- That did'nt work, Issue type User not in directory - SharePoint external access error
- Merge-SPlogfile PowerShell - SharePoint Correlation ID error
- Fix Power BI 404 not found error when connecting SharePoint Online List as Data Source
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview Deprecated Removed features
- SharePoint error - An exception occurred when trying to issue security token: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms..
- Aw Snap! Something went wrong while displaying this webpage Error code: STATUS_INVALID_IMAGE_HASH - Chrome
- SharePoint CAML query error - The XML source is not correct - SharePoint
- Add scroll to div element in HTML Css - CSS
- SharePoint An unexpected error has occurred - Correlation ID and PowerShell Merge-SPlogfile - SharePoint
- Transfer files between Android and Mac OS X using usb cable - Mac-OS-X