If you open the terminal after upgrading macOS to Catalina or Big Sur, you would see something like this when you move to the bash or other shells like csh, dash, ksh, sh, tcsh.
The default interactive shell is now zsh To update your account to use zsh, please run `chsh -s /bin/zsh\`. For more details, please visit https://support.apple.com/kb/HT208050
If you were using Mojave or below, Bash was the default shell, from Catalina onwards zsh (Z shell) is the default shell.
⛏️ Follow https://support.apple.com/kb/HT208050 to change the default shell other than zsh.
- [macOS] How to search or view previous terminal command history
- [Eclipse] Locate Preferences in macOS
- macOS Big Sur compatible Macs List
- How to connect Airpods to Macbook Air or Pro?
- Display ls command file sizes in KB (kilobytes) MB (megabytes) or GB (gigabytes) [Linux/macOS]
- [macOS] Change homepage Macbook Safari Browser
- [Vi/Vim] How to move cursor to the start of a line
- bash: command not found error [macOS Terminal Linux, Unix or Windows]
- Set Python 3.8 as a default python version on macOS
- 30+ Zoom video communications application shortcuts for macOS
- say command macOS terminal examples
- Mac (macos) startup keyboard boot sequence combinations
- Cut, Copy and Paste keyboard commands on mac
- reCaptcha Verification expired. Check the checkbox again - Html
- Android Studio Native typeface cannot be made error - Android
- MySQL Error :1007 SQLSTATE: HY000 (ER_DB_CREATE_EXISTS) Message: Can't create database '%s'; database exists - MySQL
- Mac OS X Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine - Mac-OS-X
- Android [SDK Manager] The system cannot find the path specified - Android-Studio
- How to stop disable Facebook video autoplay during scroll - Facebook
- NewApi error : Finds API accesses to APIs that are not supported in all targeted API versions - Android
- Failed to load the JNI shared library jvm.dll - Eclipse
- PHP Script to Upload Images to Server - PHP
- How to get SharePoint List Item URL using PowerShell - SharePoint
- Your Android SDK is missing, out of date or corrupted SDK Problem - Android-Studio
- Send Email with attachment using SharePoint PowerShell - SharePoint
- How to add Newline to text in Android TextView - Android