Last login: Wed Oct 26 11:12:41 on ttys001 [oh-my-zsh] Can't update: not a git repository.
If you are getting the above error, when you open Mac Terminal then somehow the location where you have installed Oh My ZSH is missing the .git directory and hence the error! when OMZ tries to look for updates from GitHub or some issues related to XCode installation.
Remove the files related to OMZ and do a fresh installation, remove the directory ~/.oh-my-zsh and reinstall.
% sh -c "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ohmyzsh/ohmyzsh/master/tools/install.sh)"
Found a thread on the ohmyzsh repo - might be helpful: https://github.com/ohmyzsh/ohmyzsh/issues/10861
Have Questions? Post them here!
- [Fixed] Git Clone email@example.com: Permission denied (publickey) Could not read from remote repository Fatal error
- Github: How to Invite Collaborators
- Git Commit - Author identity unknown, Please tell me who you are email
- [Solution] fatal: not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
- [fix] zsh: command not found: git
- Github: fatal: Authentication failed Support for password was removed on August 13, 2021
- Get List of all local branches git command
- Git Revision Questions Before the Interview
- git fatal: Authentication failed error [fix]
- How to Install Git on Ubuntu Linux
- GitHub: How to Search Code
- How to change Git Default Author and Committer details in Eclipse
- How to check your installed version of Git
- Install GitHub Command Line Tool on Mac
- How to Merge Branch into Master Branch
- Perform an Empty Commit in Git without anything in Staging Area
- Git Fix: fatal: refusing to merge unrelated histories Error
- How to undo last Git Commit on Local Repository?
- git command to remove/unstage files from staging area
- Step-by-Step: Setting up Docker + Ubuntu Linux + Git + GitHub Tutorial
- Remove git config at Local, Global or System Levels?
- Fix [oh-my-zsh] Cant update: not a git repository
- Git Config Command - A Deep Dive
- fatal: Unable to create '/c/git_repo/.git/index.lock': File exists. If no other git process is currently running, this probably means a git process crashed in this repository earlier.
- How to change directory in Git bash
- Mac - How to Install VirtualBox - MacOS
- Syntax error, parameterized types are only available if source level is 1.5 or greater [Java] - Eclipse
- How to change the default location of Mac Screenshot - MacOS
- Error: Unable to access jarfile jarFileName.jar file [Windows] - Java
- How to save a file as csv in Windows Notepad? - Microsoft
- Background task activation is spurious error - Windows 10, Office 2016, Office 365 - HowTos
- Calculate discount amount python code - Python
- How to add Widgets to MacBook Desktop - HowTos