Last login: Wed Oct 26 11:12:41 on ttys001 [oh-my-zsh] Can't update: not a git repository.
If you are getting the above error, when you open Mac Terminal then somehow the location where you have installed Oh My ZSH is missing the .git directory and hence the error! when OMZ tries to look for updates from GitHub or some issues related to XCode installation.
Remove the files related to OMZ and do a fresh installation, remove the directory ~/.oh-my-zsh and reinstall.
% sh -c "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/ohmyzsh/ohmyzsh/master/tools/install.sh)"
Found a thread on the ohmyzsh repo - might be helpful: https://github.com/ohmyzsh/ohmyzsh/issues/10861
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- Fix [oh-my-zsh] Cant update: not a git repository
- [fix] fatal: pathspec index.html did not match any files error
- How to ignore files in git using .gitignore file
- Git Fix: fatal: refusing to merge unrelated histories Error
- Install GitHub Command Line Tool on Mac
- How to change directory in Git bash
- Get List of all local branches git command
- fix fatal: --local can only be used inside a git repository error
- [git] fatal: your current branch 'main' does not have any commits yet
- Git Revision Questions Before the Interview
- Change the default git branch name from master to main
- git command to remove/unstage files from staging area
- Remove git config at Local, Global or System Levels?
- [fix] fatal: this operation must be run in a work tree in git
- Clone a particular remote brach using git clone command
- How do I get a list of all branches in Git?
- How to check your installed version of Git
- Step-by-Step: How to delete a git branch from local as well as remote origin
- Git Commit - Author identity unknown, Please tell me who you are email
- fatal: Unable to create '/c/git_repo/.git/index.lock': File exists. If no other git process is currently running, this probably means a git process crashed in this repository earlier.
- How to Rename a Git Local Branch Using the --move Option
- Perform an Empty Commit in Git without anything in Staging Area
- [Fixed] Git Clone firstname.lastname@example.org: Permission denied (publickey) Could not read from remote repository Fatal error
- GitHub: How to Search Code
- Rename git branch on Local and GitHub Remove using Command
- Fix: Microsoft Excel Quit Unexpectedly on Mac - MacOS
- Install Jupyter Notebook without Anaconda on Mac - MacOS
- Read YAML file Java Jackson Library - Java
- How to Select All Text in Vim/Vi editor - vi
- How to remove Siri from Menu Bar [macOS Big Sur] - MacOS
- Android Studio SDK Build-tools 23 rc2 not getting installed - Android-Studio
- Power BI error Something went wrong, unable to read the application metadata - Microsoft
- How to Install Rust Language on Mac (macOS) - MacOS