You receive below error when trying to connect and sign-in to Power BI Dashboard app.powerbi.com
The error message details are below
Something went wrong.
Please try again later.
Power BI was unable to read the application metadata. Please check the Power BI service status in the below support page and try again later.
Date and Time: 2020-10-06 12:05:21Z
Go to support page
The link you will be redirected to is something like - https://app.powerbi.com/ErrorPage?code=500&errorType=AppMetadataInaccessible
Troubleshoot and fixThere is no definite fix for this and it could be mostly intermittent, retrying may help. But you can still check these points.
- Check from a different browser.
- Logout and login again.
- Check and confirm you can access other Microsoft 365 services like Teams, SharePoint, OneDrive, etc.
- Check your account has necessary Office 365 license for PowerBI.
- White list the Power BI link/domain.
- Disable the flag for out of blink CORS.
- If zScaler proxy/firewall is used, disable SSL inspection for powerbi.com domain.
- Check the behavior for your colleague and try from their machine.
- Take help from your Tenant admin for help.
- If nothing helps, open a support ticket with Microsoft.
- Lost your iPhone? Regenerate QR Code for Microsoft Authenticator App
- What is Microsoft 365 Message You are using more licenses on your trial than what you will purchase once the free trial ends.
- Power BI error Something went wrong, unable to read the application metadata
- How to save a file as csv in Windows Notepad?
- You're not on Teams yet, but you can set it up for your organization. [Microsoft Teams Login Error]
- Fix- Microsoft Word Pages Appear Black
- How To Remove Only Conditional Formatting in Excel
- How to record PowerPoint slide show presentation on Mac - narration, slide timings, ink gestures
- Fix 0x80070194 Error When Opening Microsoft OneDrive File
- 0xCAA20003: You ran into an authorization problem. [Microsoft]
- PowerShell git: The term git is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet
- Remove mailto link from Microsoft 365 Word Document Email Text
- How to take a screenshot on Microsoft Windows OS on PC or Laptop
- How to Force Quit Microsoft Excel Application on Mac
- [fix] Microsoft Error Code 0x80004005 - Unspecified error
- How to Delete a Sheet in Excel on Mac
- How to add Business Users using Microsoft 365 Admin Center
- [Microsoft Teams 4c7] Modern authentication failed here, but you'll still be able to sign in. Your status code is 4c7 error
- Fix Microsoft Store Error Code: 0x80072EFD
- How to add Data Analysis Add-in in Excel on Mac
- How to Select Two Separate Columns in Excel on Mac
- Internet Explorer browser auto redirect to Microsoft Edge for compatibility with modern web sites
- How to Create Absolute References in Microsoft Excel for Mac
- What is FCM Messages Test Notification! [Microsoft Teams] [Google Hangouts]
- How to Sync Microsoft Teams Calendar with Mac Calendar
- Change Terminal Cursor Type in Mac (MacOS Shell) - MacOS
- Maven Central Repository: URL and Details - Java
- Android: Maps and Places using Maps SDK - Android
- Android: programmatically turn Bluetooth on or off using Java code - Android
- Trigger Flow on selected Listitem from SharePoint view - create button with JSON column formatting - SharePoint
- Bash command to wait for seconds - Bash
- JBoss stuck loading JBAS015899: AS 7.1.1.Final Brontes starting - Java
- Change CSS Background Opacity with Examples - CSS