Creating a Visual Studio console application for SharePoint is a good idea if you want to do a small POC (proof of concept). This saves good amount of time and the overhead of deployment and server reset. We will not focus on creating console application, but learn how to resolve/fix the most common error which developers face here - "FileNotFoundException was unhandled"Error - System.IO.FileNotFoundException was unhandled
This error occurs because Visual Studio console applications run on the 32 bit mode by default, but SharePoint (2010 and above) is built on the 64 bit mode.The error says - System.IO.FileNotFoundException was unhandled.
The error description says - The Web application at http://yoursharepointsite could not be found. Verify that you have typed the URL correctly. If the URL should be serving existing content, the system administrator may need to add a new request URL mapping to the intended application.How to fix ?
In order to fix the issue simply change the Build platform target to 64 bit (x64).
Step 1 - From the Solution Explorer, right-click on the project and click "Properties", click on "Build" and change the Platform target to x64 (64 bit). Save the changes.
Step 2 - Re-run your application and this time it will run as expected with any issues.
- Managed Metadata error - The data returned from the tagging UI was not formatted correctly
- How to generate client id and secret to register SharePoint App with OAuth
- Create SharePoint Site Collection with new Content database in existing web application
- Fix Error 2711 SQL RBS client - The installer has encountered an unexpected error. The specified Feature name ('Docs') not found in Feature table
- How to exclude results from SharePoint Search
- 'Edit Document' Requires a Windows Sharepoint Services-compatible application and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- [Solved] SharePoint Access Denied error editing Document Name
- Recommended size and resolution for SharePoint Online Site logo
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview - new improved Features and Enhancements
- Restore deleted Office 365 SharePoint group site
- SharePoint An unexpected error has occurred - Correlation ID and PowerShell Merge-SPlogfile
- [Solved] SharePoint Search Internal server error exception
- SharePoint CAML query error - The XML source is not correct
- How to hide quick launch in SharePoint classic site
- Not receiving email notification alert in SharePoint Online workflow - Power Automate, FLOW
- Change SharePoint search results FullTextSqlQuery RowLimit 10000
- Fix Power BI error Access to the resource is forbidden when connecting SharePoint Online List as data source
- [Fix] Restricted View permission level missing in SharePoint Online site library
- How to upload file programmatically to SharePoint Document Library using Server Object Model C# .Net
- How to create classic site in SharePoint Online
- That did'nt work, Issue type User not in directory - SharePoint external access error
- Merge-SPlogfile PowerShell - SharePoint Correlation ID error
- Fix Power BI 404 not found error when connecting SharePoint Online List as Data Source
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview Deprecated Removed features
- SharePoint error - An exception occurred when trying to issue security token: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms..
- What is HTTP 500 Internal Server Error Code on web browsers - HowTos
- Keyboard shortcuts to format Source code in Microsoft Visual Studio Code IDE - Microsoft
- Sorting an array using Bubble Sort in Python Programming - Python
- No CPU ABI system image available for this target Error Android Virtual Device - Android
- How to take screenshot on Android - Android
- How to stop/start/restart apache server using command [Ubuntu] - Ubuntu
- W3 : character data is not allowed here html validation error - Html
- VS Code: The source path must be contained in the project root folder. - Java