Let us take a look at how to find the list of all the installed packages (Formulae) on your Mac using the homebrew package manager.
- Open Terminal App.
- Type the command: brew list
% brew list ==> Formulae bash-completion gettext libzip firstname.lastname@example.org tldr brotli icu4c lua email@example.com tree c-ares imagesnap lz4 firstname.lastname@example.org xz ca-certificates libnghttp2 micro readline zstd cscope libuv mpdecimal ruby gdbm libyaml node sqlite ==> Casks docker visual-studio-code rar zulu8
As you would see not the list of Formulae but also Casks using the list command.
Do you know?
In Homebrew the packages or binaries are called "formulae" which is a British plural for "formula"
Cask: It a file is written in Ruby which is a DSL that describes how to install applications.
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- Clear Screen shortcut macOS Terminal
- What is macOS Ventura?
- [fix] How to Show file extensions on all files on Mac
- How to Find Where Mac Terminal App is Located?
- AutoSave button not working on Office on Mac (Word, Excel or Powerpoint)
- macOS say command text to speech using various voices and languages
- How to change Ping TTL value on macOS
- Open .bash_profile File in TextEdit using Terminal
- How to know the Safari Version on Mac
- How to Copy full Absolute Path of a File on Mac
- 13.0 MacOS Ventura release date
- Enable spell check in Sublime Text (macOS)
- How to Display Analog Clock on Mac Menu Bar
- How to turn off Location Services macOS Ventura 13
- How to Open VS Code on Mac
- Add Bookmark macOS Safari
- How to Fix cd: too many arguments Error in Terminal: A Step-by-Step Guide
- How to install wget on macOS
- Select Line Number TextEdit on Mac
- Strikethrough Text in Excel for Mac
- How to Enable or Disable Dark Mode on macOS Ventura 13
- How to hide or display Wifi icon in macOS Bug Sur Menu Bar
- How to install Yarn on Mac (macOS)
- How to fix command not found brew (bash, zsh) on macOS Terminal
- How to Schedule Mails in macOS Ventura
- Install Visual Studio VS Code on Mac using Brew - MacOS
- How to Open PowerShell on Mac? - Powershell
- How to uninstall Visual Studio Code on macOS - MacOS
- How to turn off Dark Mode in Excel App for Mac - Windows
- How to create a Symbolic Link in Linux (ln -s) - Linux
- JSON Nest Objects Example: JSON Tutorial - Json-Tutorial
- Building library Gradle Project Info: Downloading services.gradle.org - Android-Studio
- How to print an exception in Python - Python