If you make use of the Windows Terminal App on your Windows 10/11 PC and do not want the bell sound to be heard then you can disable it by following the below steps.
- Open the Terminal app.
- Now click on the down-arrow ▼ and choose Settings.
- Now on the sidebar you have to go to Profiles and select your profile (should be Default mostly)
- Scroll down and under Additonal Settings > Advanced.
- Again scroll down here and click on "Bell Notification Style".
- Here make sure to uncheck "Audible" and select "Flash Window" or "Flash Taskbar" instead.
- Click Save and close the Settings tab.
Now you will not hear the bell sound.
This is not an AI-generated article but is verified & demonstrated by a human on a Windows 11 PC (version 22H2).
Please support independent contributors like Code2care by donating a coffee.
Buy me a coffee!
Facing issues? Have Questions? Post them here! I am happy to answer!
- Windows 365: Restore Deleted Distribution Group using Admin Center (Active Directory)
- How to Make a Windows Notepad File Read-Only
- Enable Cloud Based Clipboard for Images and Text on Windows 10/11
- Read file from Windows CMD (Command Line)
- Fix: This file is set to read-only. Try again with a different file name. [Windows 10/11]
- Top 5 Fonts for Windows Notepad
- Cannot access Windows application shortcuts on Start menu and Taskbar
- [Solution] WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80370102 VM on Mac
- Fix Windows Update Error Code: 0x80070643
- Fix: Windows 10/11 Update Install Error - 0x80070103
- Change the Size of History in Windows Terminal (Updated for Windows 11)
- How to Know Version of Windows Terminal
- How to do a Print Screen on Windows 11 to Screencapture
- How to Set PowerShell as Default Shell on Windows Terminal
- How to know the version and Device ID of OneDrive on Mac
- How to Press a Enter in Cell for New Line on Microsoft Excel on Mac
- Minecraft Fix: Error: UNKNOWN code: Deep Ocean - Something went wrong in the login process
- [Fix] Microsoft Windows OneDrive 0x8007018b Error Code
- How to Change the Default Shell in Windows Terminal App
- Fix: Failed in attempting to update the source: winget
- [Fix] Microsoft Windows Store error 0x00000005 (Windows 8/10/11)
- Fix: Windows Update Error Code: 0x800f0922
- Fix: Error code: 0x204 Microsoft Remote Desktop - Unable to connect the remote PC.
- Shortcut to Open Snipping Tool on Windows and Take Screenshot
- Grep Alternative for Windows CMD or PowerShell: findstr
- [fix] Java Spring Boot JPA SQLSyntaxErrorException: Encountered user at line 1 column 14 - Java
- Get cURL command from Chrome Inspect Network HTTP URL - cURL
- How to make macOS Terminal window Transparent (or Opaque) - MacOS
- Read Json File and Convert to Java Object using Jackson - Java
- How do I get a list of all branches in Git? - Git
- Docker - Running in Resource Saver mode - Docker
- How to deactivate a Python Virtual Environment -virtualenv - Python
- How to find AUTO_INCREMENT Fields value in MySQL table - MySQL