PowerShell is a very convenient and quick way to connect to your SharePoint data, like getting site details.
But you may run into errors if you do not establish a correct connection.
PROBLEMYou receive error "No connection available. Use Connect-SPOService before running this CmdLet." while trying to connect SharePoint Online (Microsoft Office 365) via PowerShell in SharePoint Online Management Shell.
Get-SPOSite : No connection available. Use Connect-SPOService before running this CmdLet. At line:1 char:1 + Get-SPOSite -Identity https://domain.sharepoint.com/sites/samplesite ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Get-SPOSite], InvalidOperationException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.InvalidOperationException,Microsoft.Online.SharePoint.PowerShell.GetSite
FIXBefore executing any PowerShell command, you need to connect to your Tenant first, rather SharePoint Online Service.
Use this command to connect to SharePoint Online first and then use other commands.
Connect-SPOService -url https://[domain]-admin.sharepoint.comreplace [domain] with the Office 365 Tenant domain of your organization.
You will be prompted to login with your O365 account, complete all necessary steps (like login credentials, MFA) to continue. Ensure you have right permissions to complete this action.
- [Solved] SharePoint Access Denied error editing Document Name
- See actual SharePoint error exception modify web.config
- SharePoint 2010 DataForm Unable to display this Web Part System.StackOverflowException
- SharePoint List redirect user after submitting form NewForm.aspx
- How to retrieve all SharePoint Online List Items using Rest API
- SharePoint workflow Canceled - Coercion Failed: Unable to transform the input lookup data into the requested type
- SharePoint error cannot connect to the configuration database
- Not receiving email notification alert in SharePoint Online workflow - Power Automate, FLOW
- How to create SharePoint List Item programmatically
- SharePoint CAML query error - The XML source is not correct
- Sharepoint Server 2016 installation Prerequisites with download links
- Sharepoint errors were found when compiling the workflow
- Send Email with attachment using SharePoint PowerShell, SMTP server
- Sign in as different user missing in SharePoint 2013
- SharePoint List excel import - This table exceeds the maximum number of supported rows
- SharePoint Managed Metadata Hidden Taxonomy List - TaxonomyHiddenList
- Changed AD user display name showing old name in SharePoint
- How to migrate SharePoint Designer 2010 workflow to Power Automate FLOW (Microsoft Office 365)
- SharePoint Server 2016 error Microsoft Office Online Server 2016 cant be installed on the same machine as a Microsoft SharePoint Server product
- Fix SharePoint 2019 installation error This product requires Visual C++ Redistributable Package for Visual Studio 2017
- Deploy SharePoint wsp solution package using PowerShell
- How to delete SharePoint List Item programmatically
- New-SPLogFile PowerShell - create new SharePoint log file
- SharePoint An unexpected error has occurred - Correlation ID and Merge-SPlogfile
- Change SharePoint search results FullTextSqlQuery RowLimit 10000
- SharePoint 2010 August 2015 Update KB3055049 - Duplicate Document ID issue bug fixed
- Bypass domain name for IIS site (SharePoint)
- SharePoint error - Your organization doesn't allow sharing with users from this domain. Please contact your IT department for help.
- 'Edit Document' Requires a Windows Sharepoint Services-compatible application and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- SharePoint list excel import error - Title is a required filed and can't be empty
- SharePoint error - An exception occurred when trying to issue security token: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms..
- Cannot load PowerApps form in SharePoint Online due to repeated authentication
- How to hide quick launch in SharePoint
- How to exclude results from SharePoint Search
- SharePoint Designer Workflow error - Coercion Failed: Input cannot be null for this coercion
- Get-ADUser PowerShell - Get AD user details using email address
- PowerShell iterate and get all SharePoint sites and sub sites
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview Deprecated Removed features
- SharePoint excel error - A problem occurred while connecting to the server. If the problem continues, contact your administrator.
- Merge-SPlogfile PowerShell - SharePoint Correlation ID error
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview - new improved Features and Enhancements
- Recover SharePoint if the SQL Server IP changes
- SharePoint PowerShell Merge-SPLogFile filter by time using StartTime EndTime
- SharePoint formula - Calculated columns cannot contain volatile functions like Today and Me
- [Solved] SharePoint System.IO.FileNotFoundException was unhandled
- Facebook Thanks for stopping by! We hope to see you again soon. - Facebook
- Android EditText Cursor Colour appears to be white - Android
- Disable EditText Cursor Android - Android
- Connection Failed: 1130 PHP MySQL Error - MySQL
- SharePoint Managed Metadata Hidden Taxonomy List - TaxonomyHiddenList - SharePoint
- Execute .bin and .run file Ubuntu Linux - Linux
- Possible outages message Google Webmaster tool - Google
- Android : Remove ListView Separator/divider programmatically or using xml property - Android
- Unable to edit file in Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- SharePoint PowerShell Merge-SPLogFile filter by time using StartTime EndTime - SharePoint
- SQLite Error: unknown command or invalid arguments: open. Enter .help for help - Android
- JBoss stuck loading JBAS015899: AS 7.1.1.Final Brontes starting - Java
- Android Wifi WPA2/WPA Connects and Disconnects issue - Android
- Android Toolbar example with appcompat_v7 21 - Android
- ERROR x86 emulation currently requires hardware acceleration. Intel HAXM is not installed on this machine - Android