PowerShell is a very convenient and quick way to connect to your SharePoint data, like getting site details.
But you may run into errors if you do not establish a correct connection.
PROBLEMYou receive error "No connection available. Use Connect-SPOService before running this CmdLet." while trying to connect SharePoint Online (Microsoft Office 365) via PowerShell in SharePoint Online Management Shell.
Get-SPOSite : No connection available. Use Connect-SPOService before running this CmdLet. At line:1 char:1 + Get-SPOSite -Identity https://domain.sharepoint.com/sites/samplesite ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Get-SPOSite], InvalidOperationException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.InvalidOperationException,Microsoft.Online.SharePoint.PowerShell.GetSite
FIXBefore executing any PowerShell command, you need to connect to your Tenant first, rather SharePoint Online Service.
Use this command to connect to SharePoint Online first and then use other commands.
Connect-SPOService -url https://[domain]-admin.sharepoint.comreplace [domain] with the Office 365 Tenant domain of your organization.
You will be prompted to login with your O365 account, complete all necessary steps (like login credentials, MFA) to continue. Ensure you have right permissions to complete this action.
- PowerShell - How to use Try Catch Finally blocks for error exception handling (Windows/SharePoint)
- SharePoint List excel import - This table exceeds the maximum number of supported rows
- Update SharePoint Online List Item using REST API, HTML, Spfx, Postman
- Fix SharePoint Error - The Managed Metadata Service or Connection is currently not available. The Application Pool or Managed Metadata Web Service may not have been started
- SharePoint list excel import error - Title is a required filed and can't be empty
- Move Copy Migrate SharePoint OneDrive files folders to different site collection location
- Create SharePoint list from Excel spreadsheet and import table
- Send Email using SharePoint PowerShell command, SMTP server
- [Fix] Restricted View permission level missing in SharePoint Online site library
- How to get SharePoint List Item URL using PowerShell
- The service instance
- How to get the SharePoint Tenant Login URL
- New-SPLogFile PowerShell - create new SharePoint log file
- Not receiving email notification alert in SharePoint Online workflow - Power Automate, FLOW
- SharePoint Server 2016 Preview installation error - This Product Key isn't a valid Microsoft Office 2016 Product Key. Check that you've entered it correctly.
- How to change order of fields on new item form for SharePoint Online list
- Update Created By (Author) column of SharePoint document using PowerShell
- How to delete SharePoint Online List Item using REST API
- 'Edit Document' Requires a Windows Sharepoint Services-compatible application and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- Create SharePoint Site Collection using PowerShell New-SPSite
- How to customize SharePoint Modern list form using JSON formatting
- How to get SharePoint Online user details from person or group column using REST API
- SharePoint excel error - A problem occurred while connecting to the server. If the problem continues, contact your administrator.
- How to create SharePoint List Item programmatically using C#.net
- How to Get or Set SharePoint Document ID _dlc_DocId using PowerShell
- How to install wget on macOS - MacOS
- How to un-hide tab bar in notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- How to install zsh shell on Ubuntu - Ubuntu
- ADT Installation Error: requires plug-in org.eclipse.wst.sse.ui - Android
- [git] fatal: your current branch 'main' does not have any commits yet - Git
- Fix Microsoft Teams error We're sorry—we have run into an issue Try again - Teams
- How to use Autocomplete and Autosuggestion in Shell Commands - Bash
- GitHub: How to Search Code - Git