PowerShell is a very convenient and quick way to connect to your SharePoint data, like getting site details.
But you may run into errors if you do not establish a correct connection.
PROBLEMYou receive error "No connection available. Use Connect-SPOService before running this CmdLet." while trying to connect SharePoint Online (Microsoft Office 365) via PowerShell in SharePoint Online Management Shell.
Get-SPOSite : No connection available. Use Connect-SPOService before running this CmdLet. At line:1 char:1 + Get-SPOSite -Identity https://domain.sharepoint.com/sites/samplesite ... + ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ + CategoryInfo : NotSpecified: (:) [Get-SPOSite], InvalidOperationException + FullyQualifiedErrorId : System.InvalidOperationException,Microsoft.Online.SharePoint.PowerShell.GetSite
FIXBefore executing any PowerShell command, you need to connect to your Tenant first, rather SharePoint Online Service.
Use this command to connect to SharePoint Online first and then use other commands.
Connect-SPOService -url https://[domain]-admin.sharepoint.comreplace [domain] with the Office 365 Tenant domain of your organization.
You will be prompted to login with your O365 account, complete all necessary steps (like login credentials, MFA) to continue. Ensure you have right permissions to complete this action.
- Managed Metadata error - The data returned from the tagging UI was not formatted correctly
- How to generate client id and secret to register SharePoint App with OAuth
- Create SharePoint Site Collection with new Content database in existing web application
- Fix Error 2711 SQL RBS client - The installer has encountered an unexpected error. The specified Feature name ('Docs') not found in Feature table
- How to exclude results from SharePoint Search
- 'Edit Document' Requires a Windows Sharepoint Services-compatible application and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
- [Solved] SharePoint Access Denied error editing Document Name
- Recommended size and resolution for SharePoint Online Site logo
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview - new improved Features and Enhancements
- Restore deleted Office 365 SharePoint group site
- SharePoint An unexpected error has occurred - Correlation ID and PowerShell Merge-SPlogfile
- [Solved] SharePoint Search Internal server error exception
- SharePoint CAML query error - The XML source is not correct
- How to hide quick launch in SharePoint classic site
- Not receiving email notification alert in SharePoint Online workflow - Power Automate, FLOW
- Change SharePoint search results FullTextSqlQuery RowLimit 10000
- Fix Power BI error Access to the resource is forbidden when connecting SharePoint Online List as data source
- [Fix] Restricted View permission level missing in SharePoint Online site library
- How to upload file programmatically to SharePoint Document Library using Server Object Model C# .Net
- How to create classic site in SharePoint Online
- That did'nt work, Issue type User not in directory - SharePoint external access error
- Merge-SPlogfile PowerShell - SharePoint Correlation ID error
- Fix Power BI 404 not found error when connecting SharePoint Online List as Data Source
- SharePoint Server 2016 IT Preview Deprecated Removed features
- SharePoint error - An exception occurred when trying to issue security token: This implementation is not part of the Windows Platform FIPS validated cryptographic algorithms..
- How to Gzip a file directory on Mac OS X using Terminal Command - Mac-OS-X
- [Solved] Mic not working on iPhone 7 after iOS 14 upgrade - Apple
- Setting up Cloud feature with Notepad++ - NotepadPlusPlus
- Find Mac version using terminal command - MacOS
- Unable to connect to the Internet : Google Chrome - Chrome
- Enable Spellcheck in eclipse workspace - Eclipse
- ls command sort by file size [Linix/UNIX/macOS/bash] - Linux
- How to enable line numbers in IntelliJ - HowTos